What's new

Is my iPhone dead?

brd912

Reaction score
A buddy just sent me a 32gb int. Unlocked iPhone 4. The screen was cracked and he replaced it and now it wont turn on or even show its charging. Is there anything that can go wrong during screen replacement that would cause it to just die? I dont have the screwdriver set to take apart the phone, but if anyone has an idea as to what I could do then I can try to find a screwdriver set.

Sent from my vivow using Tapatalk 2

Ok so out of curiousity, I just disassembled the phone. Just to make sure all the connectors was hooked up. After putting it back together, it will turn on but only show a black screen. The screen is on, but there's nothing there. Doesent that indicate that the screen is functioning and the motherboard and all that jaz is working?

Another update. I installed the broken screen that he also sent, and wala it works. Does that mean that the screen replacement he bought is faulty? Is there anyway to repair it?

brd912 said:
Another update. I installed the broken screen that he also sent, and wala it works. Does that mean that the screen replacement he bought is faulty? Is there anyway to repair it?

When you bought the screen, Was it OEM?

Could anyone give me advice on where to get the best deal on a decent screen and all new screws for the whole phone?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2