What's new

Is it possible to bypass long password, required in my Policy?

kpierce

Reaction score
I have to enter an 8 character password. Company policy. Are there apps out there that would by pass this? Or at least make it simpler? Currently my phone is NOT jail broken, but don't mind doing that if it would help. Thanks in advance._ 4S on iso 6.0.1.

You can use apps like 1Password to save your passwords, and everytime something requires a password, it'll automatically fill it in for you (obviously dotted out) and all you have to do is press OK or Sign In or whichever. The app I believe is $4.99 now in the AppStore. I'm developer cracked, so I get the developer versions of everything by paying the $99 annually. Very nice app for lazy bones like me :p

kpierce said:
I have to enter an 8 character password. Company policy. Are there apps out there that would by pass this? Or at least make it simpler? Currently my phone is NOT jail broken, but don't mind doing that if it would help. Thanks in advance._ 4S on iso 6.0.1.

If the password is required by company policy, why would you want to bypass it? Do you have trouble remembering the password? If so, willerz2, offers a viable solution.

Last edited:
It's either a case of laziness (we all know it lol) or if it's like some of my passwords that have capitalization randomly shoved in there, sometimes it's annoying to have to type them in multiple times when asked

You would risk termination of employment to go around your company's password policy?

scifan57 said:
If the password is required by company policy, why would you want to bypass it? Do you have trouble remembering the password? If so, willerz2, offers a viable solution.

It is mainly due to being lazy, I guess.

I am referring to the passcode lock that comes up when your phone has not been used for a while. I would prefer to be able to just use the slider.. Will these programs work with the iOS built in password?

Thanks

Oh... You can just turn that off in Settings. If you know the password, go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock and turn it off.

Oh... You can just turn that off in Settings. If you know the password, go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock and turn it off.

Actually you cannot.

When an enterprise policy has been loaded, generally by accessing your company email server, it sets settings like this that may not be disabled by the user.

thewitt said:
Actually you cannot.

When an enterprise policy has been loaded, generally by accessing your company email server, it sets settings like this that may not be disabled by the user.

Would the company know if an employee had been trying to turn off the password feature?

Would the company know if an employee had been trying to turn off the password feature?

In general no.

If they run enterprise software however, they may be checking for jail breaks or other application or configuration information from their own software.

We have done several enterprise applications that do these checks for clients who are very security minded - some would say paranoid...

If this is your personal iPhone and they are not paying for any portion of the cellular provider bill, I would have them remove that nonsense instantly.

But if they own the phone or are paying for even a part of it, this is the price you pay.

If this is your personal iPhone and they are not paying for any portion of the cellular provider bill, I would have them remove that nonsense instantly.

But if they own the phone or are paying for even a part of it, this is the price you pay.

Even if it's your personal phone, if you are accessing company data - like email - this is a very common practice.

Even if it's your personal phone, if you are accessing company data - like email - this is a very common practice.

Which is something I never do nor recommend doing if the device is your personal phone. Either get paid to do it (and never store anything personal on it) or don't mix work with your personal life. The second you do, your device falls under their corporate policy. Which means any data on it, including your personally pictures and personal web browsing, falls under their ability to access and can be used to terminate your employment. Most people don't realize the full implications. Well until it is to late and they have to hire a lawyer that is.

Fast & easy enough to do. If it was part of my job ad phone was part of my job just clicking a password helps keep things secure in wouldn't bypass it. It's there for a reason(company policy).