What's new

Is it possible to bypass iPhone 4S with the latest ios 5.x software?

sprice26

Reaction score
For the past few days, I've been Googling many websites and watched many videos re: ways to bypass the 4 digit passcode from an iPhone 4S. None of the methods work on my phone. There were a few videos on YouTube where the poster dialed an emergency number 112 while holding onto the power button and then was able to bypass the passcode. When I tried it, I got as far as revealing the icons down at the bottom of the iPhone...but no matter what I press, nothing launches.

Apple told me the only way is to restore my phone, but this will wipe out all my pictures and text messages. I do not want to do this.

Some websites mention there are "hacking" techniques that may work, but I haven't found any more info.

Can anybody on this forum help me? I need help. Thanks!!

When was the last time you backed up to iTunes?

Do you have iClouds backup turned on?

Can someone with an iPhone try this and let me know if it works on their phone?

I had no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried it and everything followed the video except opening the apps. I could see them after the double click but nothing opened. I could close apps but not see the opened app. I don't know if jb affects this. I will have try it on the wife's phone.

I tried it and everything followed the video except opening the apps. I could see them after the double click but nothing opened. I could close apps but not see the opened app. I don't know if jb affects this. I will have try it on the wife's phone.

So what did you find out from your wife's phone?

Is it possible to jailbreak a phone in a passcode lock state? Will doing so delete all the text messages presently on the phone?

If the phone has been backed up recently, there is no reason why you shouldn't restore it from the last back up.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

I'm pretty sure you can easily set the pass-code to 1111 through SSH. I have never done it before, but can see no reason why it wouldn't work.......If the phone is not jailbroken that probably cannot be done tho.idk.

I couldn't get any farther than with mine. I get the icons but nothing opens.
I did watch the video again and I think he switches the video. Look at the icons that he is using. They aren't from the double tap of the home button. They are at first but not when the app opens.

Do you have more information you can provide me about using SSH to manipulate the passcode on the iPhone? I'm not even sure where to begin. Sounds interesting.

Could be, the account associated with the video has been terminated.

From my  iPhone 4S 16GB Black