What's new

Is it OK to use NOT apple wall charger for your Ipod Touch?

laura331

Reaction score
I just checked and it all about under $5. I bought one 4 months ago and now it broke. Now, if i want to charge i have to connect with my laptop and plug in USB. Or do i have to buy a REAL apple wall charger $29? I don't want that thing (idk what its called) to get that scratch a lot..

Using chargers that aren't from Apple will give a higher chance that your phone might not charge properly again, or not charge at all. Anything foreign from Apple can be really suspicious sometimes. So I guess it's best to use chargers that are authentic from Apple.

you can buy them cheaper on ebay, my friend she has a macbook and in the apple store they wanted $60 for a charger but on ebay we found a legit apple charger for $20

I just checked and it all about under $5. I bought one 4 months ago and now it broke. Now, if i want to charge i have to connect with my laptop and plug in USB. Or do i have to buy a REAL apple wall charger $29? I don't want that thing (idk what its called) to get that scratch a lot..

Buy the apple real charger to use it with your phone. Connecting your phone to your computer to charge it is ok, but you will not always have a computer around and that's not how you are suppose to recharge the battery for a better battery life. Unless you do not care about battery life, then keep on using those fake chargers.

It is always better to use the actual charger instead of fake chargers as it will not going to give better better battery life and hence creates problem with your mobile.

So why taking risk !!