What's new

Is FaceTime Secretly Taking Pictures of You?!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

CNET’s The Digital Home blog has a rather strange story today, about a possible FaceTime glitch, whereby iPhone users on Apple’s support forums have reported that photographs of themselves that they say they have not taken suddenly appear on FaceTime when they try to make a FaceTime call to someone. One user said that her boyfriend saw a photo of himself taken at work in FaceTime, which he couldn’t explain because he said he doesn’t use FaceTime at work. Apple has not yet made any comment on the issue, despite the fact that it seems to be fairly widespread with many people responding in the support page thread saying that they are having the same problem, with one person quoted by CNET as saying that it was “very creepy for my phone to be taking pictures of me when I haven’t told it to.” Apparently Apple support told that person to restore their phone to factory settings, then when that didn’t work, support told the customer to take the phone back to the store and exchange it for a new one. CNET notes that this apparent glitch might be down to iOS 4.3, so there’s a chance that this is one of the bugs that the forthcoming iOS 4.3.2 is designed to fix, but it's hard to know for sure at the moment as no one is saying anything officially.

Source: Is the iPhone taking secret pictures of FaceTime users? | The Digital Home - CNET News

Last edited: