What's new

is drfone trusworthy?

MacGuyver

Reaction score
I was having trouble using itunes to back up my iphone 5 , and I found a program called drfone which is supposed to be able to backup everything.

I was just wondering if anyone here has used this before , and if it's safe to use.

I am trying to transfer all my data from my iphone 5 to a new iphone 7 that I just bought.

any info from people that have used it would be appreciated, thx.

You don’t need any special program to transfer to your iPhone 7. The new has a built-in program that does the transfer without any cables.

I was having trouble using itunes to back up my iphone 5 , and I found a program called drfone which is supposed to be able to backup everything.

I was just wondering if anyone here has used this before , and if it's safe to use.

I am trying to transfer all my data from my iphone 5 to a new iphone 7 that I just bought.

any info from people that have used it would be appreciated, thx.
It is a paid service that could get pricy.
Exactly what problems have you had in trying to use iTunes to back up your iPhone and set up your new iPhone from the backup?

You don’t need any special program to transfer to your iPhone 7. The new has a built-in program that does the transfer without any cables.

please explain more, how do I go about doing this?

It is a paid service that could get pricy.
Exactly what problems have you had in trying to use iTunes to back up your iPhone and set up your new iPhone from the backup?

there's a free trial version which I was going to try out.
itunes was giving me an error. I will post the exact error msg it was telling me, just give me a sec to try it again so I can write it down.

please explain more, how do I go about doing this?

What know is that your ios must be the same to achieve this. If you have backed up your iPhone 5 you should be able to restore to your iPhone 7 as long as you are on the same iOS 12.4.1 then your new phone should prompt you to activate the program that will transfer your data without iTunes or any cable/3rd party program . I may be wrong with iPhone 5. But I transferred my data from my iPhone6 to my new iPhone XS.

What know is that your ios must be the same to achieve this. If you have backed up your iPhone 5 you should be able to restore to your iPhone 7 as long as you are on the same iOS 12.4.1 then your new phone should prompt you to activate the program that will transfer your data without iTunes or any cable/3rd party program . I may be wrong with iPhone 5. But I transferred my data from my iPhone6 to my new iPhone XS.

Try this YouTube link

I hope this helps you.

The backup can be from the same or older iOS version compared to the iOS version on the new iPhone.

Try this YouTube link

I hope this helps you.

yes, that's the same video tutorial I found and watched. I was able to get it to transfer everything over , quite smoothly. It just took a couple of hrs , as I had over 60 GB of data to transfer.

thanks for the help everyone!