What's new

Is 4G much faster then 3G?

Atheana

Reaction score
Is anyone running on 4G? If so, do you notice much of a difference from 3G?

Probably one of the main differences they will have noticed is the package prices on 'ee', and then the extra speed !!

I haven't noticed any difference at all. It's not faster than my wifi at home so I don't even bother using it at home. Besides Verizon makes you give up unlimited data if you use your upgrade so I don't need to go over my limit.

I'm on AT&T and the speeds have been very noticeable for me. In some areas where I have LTE, speeds have surpassed 12 Mbps, sometimes as much as 20 Mbps. I have been very impressed so far.

EE did launch today and there is supposed to be a huge difference from 3G where you see speeds of 7megs if youre lucky to over 30 on LTE, but EE is the only carrier that today has launched LTE (4G) in the UK so wait for other carrier to offer it as well see how they do as EE are using old networks to offer the LTe so I dont see it being so amazing atm.

On verizon

243E7975-8CF2-420C-957E-ED828A001FD6-382-000000182BC1FD13.jpg

EE did launch today and there is supposed to be a huge difference from 3G where you see speeds of 7megs if youre lucky to over 30 on LTE, but EE is the only carrier that today has launched LTE (4G) in the UK so wait for other carrier to offer it as well see how they do as EE are using old networks to offer the LTe so I dont see it being so amazing atm.

Any idea on when o2 is going to join the party?

I believe ee are restricting their speeds already to try and keep the speeds consistent for everyone. Also O2 can't launch till they buy some spectrum so next year probably middle.

There really is'nt a comparison between speeds of the 2 networks...., 4g is by far faster.

temu6ytu.jpg

It's so much faster that you have to be careful not to burn through your data plan too quickly. This is where having an unlimited data plan is so useful.

Yes it's faster, in fact very fast depending on where you live.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352151911.293802.jpg

This is a screen shot of my iPhone 5 taken in ipswich Qld Australia recently.

LTE 4g Telstra network

Problem is in Australia that type of speed is restricted within 4 kl of the towers or centre of city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat all