What's new

Ipod touch x 2 for christmas presents for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jockmcd

Reaction score
Hi I have jailbroken 3 iphones in my house all adults which I done myself.

Can the Ipod touch be jailbroken and if so what is the highest Ios it can be done on please.

Thx.

Al.

Hi I have jailbroken 3 iphones in my house all adults which I done myself. Can the Ipod touch be jailbroken and if so what is the highest Ios it can be done on please. Thx. Al.
Which generation of iPod touch do you have?

Somt know what ones 2 get yet will be 2nd hand from CEX is there certain models that cannot be JB ? Prob be 2nd/3rd generation what so you recommend bud ?

There is no jailbreak for iOS versions above iOS 6.1.2. You'll either have to get iPods with iOS 6.1.2 or lower or wait for a jailbreak for whatever iOS version is on them at the time.

So it dosent matter what generation I get then at all just the ios 6 being the main part dor JB ?

As long as the device is below iOS 6.1.3, you can untethered jailbreak the majority of the iOS

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

Do even the old ipod touch update to ios7 or does it only update to certain ios on older devices, this would be hmdy to know i.e 2nd generation only updates to 4.3.3 , 3rd generation only updates to 6.1.3 or do they all from generation 1 update to ios7 ?

Thank you so much for your help been great. Just this final question now.

Kind regards.

Al.

Do even the old ipod touch update to ios7 or does it only update to certain ios on older devices, this would be hmdy to know i.e 2nd generation only updates to 4.3.3 , 3rd generation only updates to 6.1.3 or do they all from generation 1 update to ios7 ? Thank you so much for your help been great. Just this final question now. Kind regards. Al.
The only iPod that can be updated to iOS 7 is the 5th generation iPod touch. The 4th generation iPod touch can only be updated to iOS 6.1.5.

What about 2nd and 3rd generation please.

The latest iOS versions for iPods are:

iPod touch 1st generation.
iOS 3.1.3

iPod touch 2nd generation.
iOS 4.2.1

iPod touch 3rd generation.
iOS 5.1.1

So basically if i buy 2 2nd hand 3rd generationthe highest ios it will be on will be 5.1.1 and it cannot update any higher snd 5.1.1 is JB with what tool ?

5.1.1 can be jailbroken using Absinthe 2.0.4, RedSn0w 0.9.14+, or Sn0wBreeze.

Nice 1 will be buying will let you know if need anymote help, used ansinthe easy

So just out of curiousity if i bought the 2nd/3rd gen and updated to the latest ios it woudnt goto ios 7 anyway ?

So just out of curiousity if i bought the 2nd/3rd gen and updated to the latest ios it woudnt goto ios 7 anyway ?
No, you can only update the iOS to the highest version the device will support. See my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.