iPhone's wall adapter blown

diesel

New Member
So I was charging my iPhone like I normally do at the same place where I always charge it and all of a sudden I heard this small blast, literally. The wall adapter's both grey sides were black and there was this very strong burning smell. Some of the black smoke also covered my USB wire while it was plugged to the wall adapter.
I have three questions:
a. WTF was this about?
b. Is my USB cable safe to use now?
c. Even though my iPhone is working fine and doesn't seem to be effected by the mini blast, do I need to worry about it?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net
 
1. I would say that it could been faulty wiring to your power point. Don't use it again and have it checked.
2. I wouldn't use that USB again. Chances are it was damaged and if so, could damage your phone next time.
3. If your phone is showing no signs of damage, you are very lucky!
 
Yeah I would definitely buy a new charger and cord along with changing the wall socket you usually use lol. How old was the charger?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top