- May 27, 2010
- Reaction score
- Austin, TX
New rumors related to iPhone 5’s features emerge every day, which can be quite confusing for Apple’s fans. To cast some light on these intricate theories, we have decided to bring forth a top 5 possible iPhone 5 features.
- 1. Near Field Communications (NFC)
- The technology is currently offered only by a handful of smartphones, but mobile-payment services using NFC are expected to expand in the near future. By launching an NFC compatible iPhone 5, Apple will gain the upper hand on most smartphone makers.
- 2. 4G connectivity
- 4G networks are faster than regular 3G services and the iPhone is the only gadget that can speed up the building of 4G networks across the US.
- 3. GSM and CDMA support
- By blending GSM and CDMA capabilities into a single smartphone, Apple can turn the iPhone into a world-phone.
- 4. Edge-to-edge display
- A bigger screen would be very useful since it would allow users to visualize more information on their smartphone’s screen.
- 5. Bigger, faster camera
Rumors have it that the next-generation iOS smartphone will integrate an 8MP camera and the flash unit will be separated from the camera so as to reduce the red-eye effect.
By Radu Tyrsina