What's new

iPhone4 upgrade is free for iPhone 3G(s) owners if you think about it

iCONYK

Reaction score
When iPhone4 was announced I really was not very excited. I felt like the new additions were cool, but not worth what it cost to get it. Then I find out that I am eligible for the 199 upgrade to the iPhone4.

I currently have a iPHone3GS I just got last October. I already sold it on ebay for $250. Now my iPhone4 is free! Its just so easy!!!!

I wanted to sell mine before the 4 came out to beat the major onslaught of 3gs for sale.

When iPhone4 was announced I really was not very excited. I felt like the new additions were cool, but not worth what it cost to get it. Then I find out that I am eligible for the 199 upgrade to the iPhone4.

I currently have a iPHone3GS I just got last October. I already sold it on ebay for $250. Now my iPhone4 is free! Its just so easy!!!!

I wanted to sell mine before the 4 came out to beat the major onslaught of 3gs for sale.

I would do that too but I am going to have to take my chances. I can't be without a phone due to my work and we have no house phone.

nice, but then you pay more for the phone with contract line rental. but at least you dont have to pay extra to buy the handset now, i fi had the 3gs i would of done the same

My iphone 3G is busted so I can't sell mine. :(

Sure you can. Whats wrong with it? People buy busted ones for parts bro. Just be honest and sell it as broken for parts. You'll get some cash for it.

My iphone 3G is busted so I can't sell mine. :(

Sure you can. Whats wrong with it? People buy busted ones for parts bro. Just be honest and sell it as broken for parts. You'll get some cash for it.

Maybe I'll think about doing that cuz I don't know what to do with my 3G once I receive the new iphone. Everything works except that the phone dies when the battery falls down to about 80%. I reckon it's a battery problem but I don't feel like fixing it myself. It would be nice if I could get some money out of it.

Yeah the screen and other components work still so someone will buy it for that. Good luck!

Yeah the screen and other components work still so someone will buy it for that. Good luck!

Actually your post just motivated me to fix it myself as it doesn't seem so hard. Thanks bro!

Last edited:
Yup, exactly. My upgrades have usually been free like that. I used to actually have "sellers" who sold me 3GS and I had a ebay powerseller account. I used to unlock the 3GS's and sell them for like $700 when they were worth that much on ebay. Like a $200 profit for me everytime. Sold like 1-2 every 3 days.

I would do that too but I am going to have to take my chances. I can't be without a phone due to my work and we have no house phone.
You can still sell it now. Just put that you will ship June 25th after you get your new phone. Lots of ones for sale now say that.