What's new

iPhone4 on iTunes screen after IOS update

Rudie

Reaction score
Hi,

I was on a tethered JB 4.3.5 and followed instructions on:

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/re-jailbreak-problem-38799/

I used Snowbreeze to get IOS6.1 and used iFAith mode to create a custom ipsw. Went into DFU mode and used iTunes to update the firmware. Got the snowbreeze logo on the phone and everything seemed to go ok, but now im stuck on the iTunes screen.

Have i missed something?

Thanks in advance.

If you're trying to preserve your baseband, simply create an IPSW that preserves your baseband, DFU the device and restore in iTunes. You don't need iFaith or anything. Just create the IPSW and restore.

Hi, I just want to get the phone to IOS6.1 and a untethered JB...which option do I select in Snowbreeze instead of iFaith?

I don't use Sn0wBreeze since it has a rep for corrupting a very simple procedure. I prefer RedSn0w since it's straightforward and bug-free.

ive got redsnow. phone is in recovery mode so not letting me do much as redsnow expects dfu mode. which option do i select to boot the phone? im hoping it wont be tethered...

If you're trying to upgrade and jailbreak at the same time with Sn0wBreeze, it'll be a tethered jailbreak, meaning you'll have to boot it tethered, then install Evasi0n Untether for iOS 6 from Cydia and reboot your device to untether your jailbreak. If you're getting this issue when you're only trying to upgrade your iOS, then you can either try a recovery fix, or if that doesn't work, then you'll have to perform another fresh restore on the iPhone again to get it working.

hi, i tried to get it to 6.1 and then do the untether from there. but im not sure what state the phone is in now and whether to try snowbreeze again?

also, if i use snowbreeze, i have the custom ipsw now from ifaith, but which option do i pick to update? or is that via itunes?

Just pop open RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3, go to Extras > Custom IPSW, and point it to the iOS 6.1 IPSW that you already have (not the one that you made with Sn0wBreeze or iFaith, a clean one. Once the new custom IPSW is created, put your device into DFU mode and restore using iTunes. Once restored, run Evasi0n v1.3 and untether jailbreak your device.

got the update done in redsnow, selected jailbreak, comes up with:

missing keys.plist data for this build:

device: iphone4
ECID: nnnnnnnnnn
Build: iPhone3,1_6.1_10B144

and just stays on this screen...

Jailbreaking requires the iOS 6.0 IPSW regardless of whatever iOS 6.X iOS your device is on. You can use Evasi0n to jailbreak it. Download it from the Evasi0n website, run it, plug your device in, click Jailbreak and follow the very simple SIMPLE instructions. It's almost identical to Absinthe except there's 1 part where you have to tap on the icon that comes up on your device ONCE.

i only have the 6.1 blobs, dont have for 6.0.....
i cant get out of recovery mode so cant use evasi0n yet as the button is disabled...

Do a recovery fix. Download the iOS 6.0 IPSW for your iPhone's band type (GSM or CDMA), go to RedSn0w > Extras > Select IPSW > Select iOS 6.0 IPSW. Click Recovery Fix. Put your device into DFU mode, device will boot.

i can get into pwned dfu mode with a black screen but the Next button is disabled...im holding both power and home for 10 seconds then releasing the power and holding the home for another 10 seconds.

done! by restarting redsnow!! thanks willerz2