What's new

iphone4 making some really weird sound... please help

mattheor

Reaction score
Hey there, im matt, nice to meet you and please ignore that stupid username i have... i was stuck okay.

anyway i have a really weird problem with my iphone 4 (black model and not 4s)
the back is making is making some weird popping/clicking sound when i press it, even if its lightly and to be honest its really annoying. The clicking sound is weird to explain and im sorry this is vague, basically even if i type something on the back is popping/clicking/pressing into itself and making this really weird noise. Something feels really loose inside it and it feels really hollow on the left side of the phone if that makes any sense.
ill be a little bit more detailed;

I got the phone in late jan/early feb as a present from my dad. its on a 24 month contract with orange and if im correct they bought it from asda. I live in the UK and I have no idea what asda it was from, there are a load of apple and orange stores around me though. My phone has a few minor scratches but its been well looked after and I honestly dont know what has happened here.

Im looking for any advice on what to do, being that it is an iphone it has never been opened up so I cant look inside of it - not like i would want to. The phone has also never been jailbroken because I am a nice guy and follow the rules ;) hahaha.
Anyway any advice please let me know and nice to meet you all - thanks P

For starters, is the sound there only when the unit is powered up? Or even when it's OFF? When you "shake" it, do you hear the same kind of noise?

There is no sound from shaking it (both lightly and vigorously)
and the clicking sound is there when the phone is both on and off - feels like the back screen/case/whatever is going inwards ever so slightly when i press it

mattheor said:
There is no sound from shaking it (both lightly and vigorously)
and the clicking sound is there when the phone is both on and off - feels like the back screen/case/whatever is going inwards ever so slightly when i press it

I noticed a slight click as well when I got my iPhone 14 months ago Doesn't bother me now as I use a cover

I noticed a slight click as well when I got my iPhone 14 months ago Doesn't bother me now as I use a cover

ive had three covers since and im a 'chewer' shall we say hahaha. one broke because i was bored in lesson and ripped it in half, the other two broke just from wearing out...

I can't remember asda ever having iPhones. iPods but not iPhones. Since it's on a 24 month contract with orange it's much more likely your dad got it from them.

If your sure about the date then you phone will still be under its 1 year warranty. Take it to your nearest apple store and they will be happy to replace it for you. Provided you haven't set off the water sensor with your chewing. Lol...

I can't remember asda ever having iPhones. iPods but not iPhones. Since it's on a 24 month contract with orange it's much more likely your dad got it from them.

If your sure about the date then you phone will still be under its 1 year warranty. Take it to your nearest apple store and they will be happy to replace it for you. Provided you haven't set off the water sensor with your chewing. Lol...

hahahah well i just checked on the itunes site and it says my repair warranty is still valid but i dont have apple care

You don't need apple care if your phone is still under the original warranty...

You don't need apple care if your phone is still under the original warranty...

right thanks i have a genius appointment for today actually, there was loads available so ill let y'all know how it goes I suppose