What's new

Iphone4 from verizon

Killr13

Reaction score
I have the iPhone 4 from Verizon when i get themes and apps from cydia a lot of them dont work or only part of the them works , for instance maybe only the wall paper and the sms part work but not the dialer or notes or keyboard in fact i have not found one theme yet that works for the keyboard or the notes and most of the dialer themes do not work can anyone help? Thanks

I've ran into this quite often too. I think it might have something to do with the fact the Vz iPhones use 4.2.6 and all others are 4.2.1

Thanks , so there is really no solution then ? Kenny

Are you actually going into the themes and selecting all the parts? For example, for one of the themes I tried out, there is actually three parts you need to check off.

where would you check them off , do you mean when i check it in winterboard it doesnt apply the whole theme? where else do i need to check it ? thanks , step by step please , thanks again

So i hear if you update your phone it locks it again , does that mean you lose all the apps you have already downloaded , because the fact is i have downloaded quite a few and am just getting my phone the way I like it and continue to look for improvements, and also even though most of them are free i have 35 0r 40 dollars invested in some of these apps and is re jail breaking no big deal? do you get all your apps back? Or I heard when they update it also makes it harder to jailbreak , does anyone know anything about the new update that just came out from verizon ? Thanks

When you go into Winterboard...go into Select Themes....Sometimes there is more than one thing in there you need to check off.

For example, in TimelessHD, it adds four things:

TimelessHD
TimelessHD-DigitalMOD
TimelessHD-Chronograph
TimelessHD-AnalogMOD

If you only select TimelessHD and don't have one of the other three selected, you will get the basic theme but no clock widget.

So i hear if you update your phone it locks it again , does that mean you lose all the apps you have already downloaded , because the fact is i have downloaded quite a few and am just getting my phone the way I like it and continue to look for improvements, and also even though most of them are free i have 35 0r 40 dollars invested in some of these apps and is re jail breaking no big deal? do you get all your apps back? Or I heard when they update it also makes it harder to jailbreak , does anyone know anything about the new update that just came out from verizon ? Thanks
Update from Verizon for VZW iPhone 4 does NOT re-lock your phone - iPhone Forum