What's new

iphone4 facetime with "non-iphone4"

dcyuen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a iphone4 but since not all of my friends have one so I'd like to know if I can make a video call to a "non-iphone4" user so that they can still see me?

I tested with
- fring (Iphone4 videocall Iphone3GS) - failed
- Skype (Iphone4 videocall Iphone3GS) - Skype does not support Video call

Thanks!
Donald

You won't be able to do that because their phones don't have the capabilities that yours does.

Oh sweet? May I ask did you try video-call or voice call?
Thanks !

did video call and it worked flawlessly. i also tried it with my friends evo yesterday and it worked. never had a problem.

Really? Well my gf has a 3GS and it actually picked up my call (iphone4) but without video&vioce. (fring apps)

Thanks anyway, I'll try it out again.
Peace

Tango Video Calls

By Tango

View More By This Developer Open iTunes to buy and download apps.

Description

Tango brings you free, high-quality mobile video calls over 3G and Wi-Fi! Tango is an entertaining video calling service that connects people around the world in an exhilarating new way. It’s easy to use and it works.

Tango will change the way you communicate every day, stay connected, and share special moments as they happen. Whether saying goodnight to your kids while traveling on business, needing advice from your best friend while shopping, or saying I love you to your girlfriend studying abroad, Tango for all your calls because you never know where your conversations will take you.

Tango Features:
• Free video calling to your friends and family around the world, wherever you are
• Call between iPhone and other smartphones on 3G and Wi-Fi
• Populates Tango Contacts automatically from existing phone contact list
• Invite friends and others by e-mail or text
• Switch cameras and swap screens to show what is around you
• Move between video to audio and back to video
• Simple and easy to use
• Create an account in less than five seconds - New profile not required

Learn more at Tango

Follow us on Twitter at Tango (Tango_Me) on Twitter

Like us on Facebook Tango | Facebook

Follow our blog at Tango Blog

Tango Web SiteTango Video Calls SupportApplication License Agreement
iPhone Screenshots

http://itunes.apple.com/app/tango-video-calls/id372513032?mt=8
mzl.jutrdovc.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.ostwpqtv.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.ooakrjsw.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.bjgqlyhj.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.hzibrbkg.320x480-75.jpg

NOT compatible with ipod touch 4g

Hey man thanks. Ok, here are what my friends are using:
- HTC HERO
- Samsung EPIC
- Iphone 3GS
- notebook (yahoo messager)

Please advice?! Thanks

+1 for Tango. I've used it over 3G to call from my iPhone 4 to my Evo and to friends with other devices. Works well

I tried fring with my uncles unlocked iPhone 4 and my Google Nexus One, works great! =D

Tango works better on 3G than Face Time does in Wi-Fi in my honest opinion. I am a big fan.

Try to use Tango (Free app) and doesn't need wifi work on 3G , it is working w. iphone 3G, 3GS and android phones too. but the picture resoulution is not too bad(Better than nothing)

Lee

Hi guys,

I have a iphone4 but since not all of my friends have one so I'd like to know if I can make a video call to a "non-iphone4" user so that they can still see me?

I tested with
- fring (Iphone4 videocall Iphone3GS) - failed
- Skype (Iphone4 videocall Iphone3GS) - Skype does not support Video call

Thanks!
Donald