What's new

iPhone X Said to Be Pulling Some Users’ Hair Out

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Complaint of iPhone X pulling some users' hair out.JPG

Yes, as bizarre as the headline sounds, it seems that, according to BGR, some iPhone X owners have been complaining on various social media platforms that their phones are pulling their hair out, including facial hair. And in fact, this is actually so much of a real thing that Apple is already replacing iPhone X units for this very reason.

The problem apparently stems from the iPhone X mute switch and bezel gap, that tugs on the hair when you hold the phone up to your ear. Here’s a Reddit user talking about the issue:

“Mine [iPhone X] pulls my hair several times a day while it’s held up to my head. It’s really starting to piss me off. I called Apple, and they will do a replacement on it, but I am just curious if mine is a fluke or if it is a design issue.”

There are other comments on the issue on Apple’s own official support forum, including this one, which also contains a possible solution.

“It has happened to me so many times, I’ve lost count. It hurts and is a bad design flaw! I’ve ‘solved’ it by buying a protective case that I needed anyway. The phone was too slippery too and constantly slid around. I hope the protector will help with this problem too! Good luck!!!”

Disgruntled iPhone X owners also took to Twitter to complain, with comments such as “@Apple dude your iPhone X is ripping the fricken hair from around my ear out!! Not cool. I hate this phone for this new feature.”

Anyone else who has been suffering in silence about this issue should get in touch with Apple and see about a replacement.

Source: This is probably the worst reason to have your iPhone X replaced

I think the many iPhone before it would have done this to right? I mean if this is true