What's new

iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners

ebrahim_yusuf

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2012
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
Nairobi, Kenya
So I did the update and I preserved the bb with snow breeze.. But now it says no service even when the bb says it's still the same.. Now what?
Please reply ASAP?
Bb 2.10.04
iOS 5.1.1
iPhone 4g..
 

harke

New Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
ebrahim_yusuf said:
So I did the update and I preserved the bb with snow breeze.. But now it says no service even when the bb says it's still the same.. Now what?
Please reply ASAP?
Bb 2.10.04
iOS 5.1.1
iPhone 4g..

Updatin doesnt unlock ur phone n do the things to unlock 2.10.04 so far i know ultra snow will unlock ur phone , ur iphone must be jailbreakes first.
 
Last edited:

ebrahim_yusuf

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2012
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
Nairobi, Kenya
harke said:
Updatin doesnt unlock ur phone n do the things to unlock 2.10.04 so far i know ultra snow will unlock ur phone , ur iphone must be jailbreakes first.

I used snowbreeze so it jailbroke it for me.. Installed Cydia and I tried it and it worked..
So im supposed to download ultrasnow and it'll help unlock?
 

Jmills87

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2011
Messages
3,644
Reaction score
163
Location
The Land of Ice and Snow
I used snowbreeze so it jailbroke it for me.. Installed Cydia and I tried it and it worked..
So im supposed to download ultrasnow and it'll help unlock?

No, Ultrasn0w is not compatible with your baseband, please reference the original post. The only way to unlock your baseband is with a Gevey SIM.
 

ebrahim_yusuf

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2012
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
Nairobi, Kenya
Jmills87 said:
No, Ultrasn0w is not compatible with your baseband, please reference the original post. The only way to unlock your baseband is with a Gevey SIM.

Yeah just saw that. Thank mate :)
Thing is I live in Kenya.. Hard to find the Gevey sim.. Hard to find anyone that knows what it is lol.
 

ebrahim_yusuf

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2012
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
Nairobi, Kenya
Jmills87 said:
You'll be preserving baseband, not firmware. If you update to a new iOS and it is not compatible with the Gevey SIM there is nothing you can do(besides downgrade to a compatible firmware).

Thought you meant modem firmware..
I understand.. Thanks
 
OP
Thomasjtsi

Thomasjtsi

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
7,523
Reaction score
451
Location
Missouri, USA
The terminology is a bit tricky at first.. LOL!!! Modem Firmware = Baseband... IPSW/iOS Version = Firmware
 

Most reactions

Top