What's new

iPhone stuck on Apple Logo after Reset

sosafc

Reaction score
I have a 3G 16GB iPhone. It is on iOS 3.1.2 Jailbroken and Unlocked. I did a full reset from the iPhone itself and ended up with it locked on apple logo with the little spinning wheel that stops and starts moving very slow until it reboots itself.

I have tried putting it into DFU mode using all the methods possible but cannot get it to go into DFU mode to restore. It is not recognized by the PC or iTunes.

Is it possible this thing is bricked. The power is ok and so is the dock connector.

Any suggestions as to what i could do

Thanks

Try this.

If you still can't get iTunes to recognise the phone you may have a driver issue. Try this,

On your computer go into your control panel. Choose system then click the hardware tab at the top then choose device manager. At the bottom of the list you will see Universal Serial Bus Controllers (USB). Expand that menu by clicking the + symbol. At the bottom of that there will be a few USB Root Hub. Plug you phone in and one of these should change.

I can't quite remember exactly from here so bear with me. If you right click on the one that does (your phone) you can choose something like forget this device or remove drivers for this device. Then you can unplug your phone and plug it back in and windows will reinstall the drivers...

hey this should work on 3g or 3gs i just fixed my 3gs like this. open your phone up and there should be 3 cables for the screen. plug in every cable except the proximity sensor cable and then try to start your phone. it should work. i spent like 5 hours trying to fix my phone and then after alot of reading i found out this solution. let me know how it works.

Last edited: