What's new

iPhone stolen, pictures of the thieves uploaded to Photo Stream. Help?

JarJarBinks

Reaction score
Hi a couple weeks ago I got distracted at my local Starbucks and left my phone behind, by the time I realized it was gone, it was too late. Just recently I saw that random pictures of some kids I had never seen before were on my photo stream. Interested to see who they were, I looked at the location of where the pictures were taken. I am certain these are the people that stole my phone because a screenshot of my old screen was uploaded to the photo stream. Should I alert the authorities, would they have more incentive to help me now that I have pictures and a very general idea of where my phone is located? Thanks for any advice and/or help you can give me! :)

If you have photo steam going... is there a chance that you have Find My iPhone running?

If you have photo steam going... is there a chance that you have Find My iPhone running?
Yes actually, sorry I forgot to mention that. That's how I found where the phone was located, as well as where they took the pictures.

Then yes... contact your local authorities immediately. Be prepared to prove ownership, in the spot, of the iPhone though.