What's new

iPhone SIGNAL BOOSTER

tedstrutz

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post, so I'll start here. My cell reception is spotty at my house. Usually 3 bars. I am wondering what experience anyone has had with devices to improve service, such as antennas, etc. I have an iPhone 4 with AT&T. Thanks...

Last edited:
I don't think that there is a thing you can do about it to improve reception signals.

Three bars is not spotty. One bar however might be. Two or above means your signal to noise ratio and dBm levels are well with the 3/4 watt transmission spec.

As for boosting, it doesn't exist for iPhones unless you take apart the phone yourself and build an adapter for the current tech out there. I don't recommend that route unless you have at least a years background in electronics.

Femtocell are a possible solution. But it requires a decent internet connection and the devices tend to run $200.

Thanks for the replies... Glad to know 3 bars is not spotty, as I really don't know the meaning of the strength indicator. I guess I meant spotty around my house... 2 bars a lot, and my ipad is not always strong when not on wifi. And of course we all would like 5 bars in life. I'll be looking into those suggestions.

Verizon has a network extender. I lived in an area where I got no bars then got the Network Extender now get 5 bars. Verizon took off 100.00 off because I lived in a bad area for cell service.

There is a new iPhone app named Signal Booster on Cydia (if you jailbreak your iPhone). Works well for me:
http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.php?bundleid=com.usaconcepts.signalrefresh&db=

$icon-57x57.png Signal Booster

Yep. Signal Booster works for me.

I alway have 2-3 bars where I live..when I use Signal Booster I can get up to 4 or 5 bars.......... temporarily

But even after the bars go back down..my 3G data seems faster.

Plus I live in a horrible signal area..so it downs keep tue signal boosted forever.