What's new

iPhone Notifications

springerdog1

Reaction score
I really like the notification screen. Is there a way to have the phone continue to sound alerts for voice mail or texts? If you’re away from your phone for a few minutes you need to continue to look on the screen. It would be easier if there were a reoccurring sound. Any way to do this?

eddieg said:
I believe it only gives you 2 alerts.

I know you could set this for multiple alerts in ios 4. I have been all through settings and can't find it in iOS 5. Hmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

springerdog1 said:
I really like the notification screen. Is there a way to have the phone continue to sound alerts for voice mail or texts? If you’re away from your phone for a few minutes you need to continue to look on the screen. It would be easier if there were a reoccurring sound. Any way to do this?

If you are running iOS 5 do the following:

Settings > Notifications > Messages > Repeat alert. (never, 1x, 2x, 3x, 5x, & 10x)

You can also select the style of your alert to from None, Banner, or Alert Pop-up (like in iOS 4)

Hope this answered something. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

ectopudding said:

Settings > Notifications > Messages > Repeat alert. (never, 1x, 2x, 3x, 5x, & 10x)

You can also select the style of your alert to from None, Banner, or Alert Pop-up (like in iOS 4)

Thank you. I now found it too. I thought they missed it in iOS 5. Lol

iphone4ever said:
Thank you. I now found it too. I thought they missed it in iOS 5. Lol

I aim to please. 😊

Thank You!. I wish they had an on going alert for voice mail.

WOW thanks for this info i looked everywhere and couldnt find it thank you so much.