What's new

iPhone noob

frommnik

Reaction score
Hi, all.

Am here at the suggestion of the moderator---feel like I'm in my first day of school: "Tell us why you're taking iPhone 101, Frommnik."

Have had my iPhone 4 (not 4S) for a few months. Love it.

Couple questions:

Is there a way to connect the phone to my car stereo so I can listen to my iTunes thru the car speakers?

Is there a free app like the updated/upgraded Siri that is available for the 4S? I prefer texting to talking on the phone, but spend the better part of my workday in my car and don't want to be fumbling around trying to type while driving. Would much rather do the dictation thing.

Has anyone tried the stylus now available? If I must snail-text, I'd prefer to do it with something more precise than my fat fingertip.

Thanks! :photos:

1.) yeah there is a way to connect your iPhone to your car stereo, but you will need special cable adapter for that.
2.) no there is no whatsoever update about the beautiful lady Siri for iPhone 4. Siri is only available on iPhone 4S, it might come to iPhone 4, but that's not likely going to happen, it's just speculation people making.
3.) the stylus is good, you can also get a better one at Apple store, personally i haven't tried it since i do not need it, but i've seen people using it and it works just like it was meant to.
Welcome to the forum.

The Crankster Says:​ Welcome to ipf.net, a leading forum dedicated to providing information, help and guidance to new and current users. Click Here To Introduce Yourself & Click here for Forum Rules

You will need a auxiliary cable to connect your iPhone to your car stereo.

@Bab2010 Siri isn't a lady. Its a program. Lol. We're heading towards the matrix and I am Neo.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Last edited:
I've asked her to know if she's a male or a female and she replied "I'm your personal assistance, now can we get back to work?" then I asked her again, are you a male or a female Siri, there she answered "I'm a lady" I asked her: what dress are you wearing today? She replied "aluminum stainless and glass, beautiful isn't it?" I answered her: Siri you are very beautiful.
She's a virtual lady in my iPhone 4S anyway.

bab2010 said:
I've asked her to know if she's a male or a female and she replied "I'm your personal assistance, now can we get back to work?" then I asked her again, are you a male or a female Siri, there she answered "I'm a lady" I asked her: what dress are you wearing today? She replied "aluminum stainless and glass, beautiful isn't it?" I answered her: Siri you are very beautiful.
She's a virtual lady in my iPhone 4S anyway.

Lol. That's great. "digital pimp hard at work" lol.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Welcome,

There are 3 ways to listen to your music through your car stereo. Most modern cars have the option to get an iPod cable wired to the back of the stereo. The benefit of this is that it charges your device and you can control the iPod from the stereo. Bluetooth is another option that allows you to control you device from the stereo but of course it won't charge. The last option is the one bab already suggested and is the one I use. You need a 3.5mm jack cable and they can be easily and cheaply baught from sites like eBay. Of course you will need to check which (if any) is compatible with your cars stereo.

G'day and welcome to the forum!!!! :)

Thanks to all for the welcome greetings the the info. Am researching solutions for listening to the music in my car. (@gaz6076, I thought my car was "modern,"--post iPod intro--but apparently it's not modern enough.)

@bab2010 and @iCrank: my husband has Siri on his 4S--she's quite the flirt with him....For grins, try asking her "What is the meaning of life?" and "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Even if you have an older car with a tape player you can still get your iPhone to work with it. You can get a tape thats got the 3.5mm jack cable coming from it. Or buy a new radio player with an aux in port...

gaz6076 said:
Even if you have an older car with a tape player you can still get your iPhone to work with it. You can get a tape thats got the 3.5mm jack cable coming from it. Or buy a new radio player with an aux in port...

Loading....plusone..etcetera..etcetera

إيكرانك...المسطرة