What's new

Iphone is not recognized by computer...

Teddythekid

New Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hey,

I have a Jailbroke Verizon Iphone 4s 5.0.1. I plugged my phone into my computer yesterday and it was not recognized as being plugged in or charging. It was working fine 3-5 days ago. I thought it was the cord switched cords and still nothing. I plugged my phone into in the power outlet and charge just fine. I plugged another jailbroke iphone to my computer and that worked just fine. Something is wrong with my phone because it wont charge or sync with any computer mac or pc.

I have tried many things: Reset network settings, Reset all settings, deleting cydia apps while mobile substrate mode is off (like I read in a previous thread on this website), deleting last installed cydia apps & tweaks. Nothing seams to work and I don't want to restore without the new jailbreak. There are a couple things I suspect to be the problem, but I'm far from a JB expert. I have had a problem with ptpd crashes and I dont know what they are. I have crash reporter installed and it has shown over 100 ptpd crashes in a few minutes multiple times in the past week. I will open the app and see that I have over 100 crashes in a few minutes. I will delet the report and it will happen again the next day.

Second thing is that I installed Icleaner yesterday and I notced the problem of not connecting to a computer last night. I used Icleaner and it cleared a gig of memory. I removed icleaner which is the only thing I've installed this month. I even went into devoloper mode in cydia and deleted everything it downloaded to use. I can also not connect to my phone through ssh now either. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 

zig9449

New Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
108
Location
PA
Teddythekid said:
Hey,

I have a Jailbroke Verizon Iphone 4s 5.0.1. I plugged my phone into my computer yesterday and it was not recognized as being plugged in or charging. It was working fine 3-5 days ago. I thought it was the cord switched cords and still nothing. I plugged my phone into in the power outlet and charge just fine. I plugged another jailbroke iphone to my computer and that worked just fine. Something is wrong with my phone because it wont charge or sync with any computer mac or pc.

I have tried many things: Reset network settings, Reset all settings, deleting cydia apps while mobile substrate mode is off (like I read in a previous thread on this website), deleting last installed cydia apps & tweaks. Nothing seams to work and I don't want to restore without the new jailbreak. There are a couple things I suspect to be the problem, but I'm far from a JB expert. I have had a problem with ptpd crashes and I dont know what they are. I have crash reporter installed and it has shown over 100 ptpd crashes in a few minutes multiple times in the past week. I will open the app and see that I have over 100 crashes in a few minutes. I will delet the report and it will happen again the next day.

Second thing is that I installed Icleaner yesterday and I notced the problem of not connecting to a computer last night. I used Icleaner and it cleared a gig of memory. I removed icleaner which is the only thing I've installed this month. I even went into devoloper mode in cydia and deleted everything it downloaded to use. I can also not connect to my phone through ssh now either. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Okay. This is a bummer.

First of all:

NEVER EVER remove a Cydia tweak while the substrate addon is disabled. This leaves the dylibs installed, but still disabled. This is not good. This means when you install the tweak again, you will have 2 of the exact same dylibs installed from the same package.

However just removing a tweak while Mobile Substrate is disabled (like you said you did) is not bad. I just thought you should know that.

The culprit sounds like it may be iCleaner. I recently used iCleaner and had a small problem with it, and got support from the developer. (it was a lag problem, but reinstalling IntelliScreenX and hard rebooting fixed it for me any way)

I would email the developer as send him those crash reports, telling him they did not start til you ran iCleaner.

Unfortunately, you will never be able to undo what iCleaner did.

You may have to restore to 5.1, or just deal with the crashes, and maybe the developer will be able to help you. I hope so any way.



PS:

Since I also used iCleaner I checked my Crashes and had almost no crash reports....and I just uploaded my crash reports to the Chronic-Dev team rite before I used iCleaner.
 
Last edited:
OP
T

Teddythekid

New Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Thank your for the reply and I will follow up with the developer. Do you know what happens when you go into settings/reset/erase all content and settings? Does it send your phone back to its original 5.0.1 state like if you were to restore? Thanks!
 

zig9449

New Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
108
Location
PA
Teddythekid said:
Thank your for the reply and I will follow up with the developer. Do you know what happens when you go into settings/reset/erase all content and settings? Does it send your phone back to its original 5.0.1 state like if you were to restore? Thanks!

Nope. You will be stuck on a boot loop if you do that. It will do that because it is jailbroken.

The only way to un jailbreak is to DFU restore.

If I were you I would re-jailbreak with redsn0w. Make sure to *uncheck* "install Cydia". Since it is already installed. This may help.
 

tres

New Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Did either of you have any further progress with this in the last few days? I had the same problem with icleaner. I have IP4 and I don't want to unjailbreak not having a real jailbreak available for 5.1.
 
OP
T

Teddythekid

New Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Did either of you have any further progress with this in the last few days? I had the same problem with icleaner. I have IP4 and I don't want to unjailbreak not having a real jailbreak available for 5.1.

I was able to get my phone working back to normal, but I'm not entirely sure what exactly it was I did. I figured out that the large amount of ptpd crashes I was having were from removing Photo Albums Plus Tweak. I reinstalled Photo Albums Plus which fixed the ptpd crashes I was having. I removed it because I wasn't able to see pics in the messages app, but the devoloper fixed that so I'm happy with it now. I did a hard reset and plugged my phone into my computer with still no luck. It wasn't till the next day with another hard reset till it worked in my computer and properly again. It might have needed to fill a path that was causing the ptpd crashes before it fixed the problem.

I've used iCleaner since and found that it had nothing to do with the connection problem. I even got help from the devolper and he said I was the only person experiencing this issue which made me think it had to be something else. I would suggest downloading Crash Reporter if you don't have it already and see if you have a large number of crashes. If you do have a large number of crashes find out where they generate from. I was having about 100 ptpd crashes over the course of an hour about once a day. Either remove whatever ever is causing them or in my case reinstall. Reinstalling past tweaks is what I believe worked for me. They must leave something behind that can cause it to crash.

Hope this helps!
 

zig9449

New Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
108
Location
PA
Teddythekid said:
I was able to get my phone working back to normal, but I'm not entirely sure what exactly it was I did. I figured out that the large amount of ptpd crashes I was having were from removing Photo Albums Plus Tweak. I reinstalled Photo Albums Plus which fixed the ptpd crashes I was having. I removed it because I wasn't able to see pics in the messages app, but the devoloper fixed that so I'm happy with it now. I did a hard reset and plugged my phone into my computer with still no luck. It wasn't till the next day with another hard reset till it worked in my computer and properly again. It might have needed to fill a path that was causing the ptpd crashes before it fixed the problem.

I've used iCleaner since and found that it had nothing to do with the connection problem. I even got help from the devolper and he said I was the only person experiencing this issue which made me think it had to be something else. I would suggest downloading Crash Reporter if you don't have it already and see if you have a large number of crashes. If you do have a large number of crashes find out where they generate from. I was having about 100 ptpd crashes over the course of an hour about once a day. Either remove whatever ever is causing them or in my case reinstall. Reinstalling past tweaks is what I believe worked for me. They must leave something behind that can cause it to crash.

Hope this helps!

When ever you delete a tweak often the plist is left behind.

Every time I remove a tweak and respring, I open iFile and navigate to var/mobile/Library/preferences

Search for the name of the tweak and delete all of its plist files...then i empty trash and respring again.

This ensure the tweak was 100% removed.
 

Most reactions

Top