What's new

iPhone got updated..

flashraf

Reaction score
Hi. My iPhone got updated to iOS 5.1 and i think the baseband was updated as well. My original baseband was 1.59.00 and I created a custom baseband file with redsnow incase I accidentally upgraded. I dont have my phone with me right now so i'm not sure if i can use the custom baseband and be able to downgrade back to 1.59.. anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, no. If for some reason that you upgraded to iOS 5.1 w/ a standard firmware file your Baseband will have also been updated. With that, there is no way to downgrade an iPhone's Baseband.

I didnt use a standard firmware, iTunes updated it itself.. even though I have the custom baseband, I can't restore back??

I didnt use a standard firmware, iTunes updated it itself.. even though I have the custom baseband, I can't restore back??
Interesting as it sounds... there's no such thing as a "custom baseband." Have you updated in the past with a "custom IPSW (firmware)" file to preserve the 1.59.00 Baseband? That sounds more logical.

yes, thats what I ment, sorry. I made a custom ipsw with redsnow for the 1.59.00 baseband.

yes, thats what I ment, sorry. I made a custom ipsw with redsnow for the 1.59.00 baseband.
:) No problem... just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. Unfortunately, if you've updated via iTunes to iOS 5.1 then you're Baseband was also updated. Irregardless of what custom firmwares you've updated with in the past. Sorry... there's no way to downgrade or revert back to a previous Baseband.