What's new

iphone frozen at boot

kawboy76

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used iphone 3g with the intent of using it only as an ipod. The seller informed me that it wasn't working, but that it had worked fine before he "erased all data". I looked up the problem, found it was an easy fix (just do a restore) and I bought it. The problem I'm having is that doesn't seem to be the only problem. It's stuck in a constant boot/freeze loop and unresponsive. As long as the battery has any charge it will power on to the apple logo with the spinning wheel for about 30 seconds and then it freezes with a horizontal dashed line near the top of the screen and stays like that for about 15 minutes until it reboots and repeats the whole process. The whole time it's completely unresponsive to any button pushes. It won't go into restore or DFU mode regardless of how long I hold the bottons. The only lead I may have on this problem is that it didn't come with the sim card and I don't have one for an iphone, but I did try a generic sim I had. I've ordered another sim for an iphone, but I'm having issues with shipping and haven't recieved it yet and thought i'd see if anybody had any other ideas while I wait.

Thanks in advance.