What's new

iPhone Exceeds Radiation Safety Levels?

Reaction score
I was really wanting to get a new phone for the holidays. But I came across an article yesterday that a law firm is suing Apple and Samsung that their phones exceed radiation safety levels. After reading that it is making me question should I really get one. I know both companies test their phones before making their products available for the public, but how possible is it the testing wasn't reliable? How worried should we be that consumers get cancer from using their phones X years from now?

I have to say that radiation from our devices worries me too, it probably is at safe levels...at least we hope so.
The trouble with reading this stuff on the internet is it's very contradictory, one article says one thing and then you can read another which will tell you a different story.
I have an iPad and a Macbook too....it hasn't stopped me using them but I do think about it and wonder about just how safe they are.

If you are the type of person to have your phone attached to your ear all the waking hours of the day, then I would be concerned, but then I expect most of such users would use earbuds or similar. (I do notice the number of young women, in particular, who seem to walk around the supermarket talking on their phones the whole time. Who do they talk to?)

There have been a multitude of studies on the effects of mobile phones and, I believe, excluding conspiracy theories, overall the results have been negative. A few unlucky people possibly are susceptible, but there will always be people, e.g. lawyers, out to publicise themselves.

Best to use wired earbuds or earphones. Even Bluetooth earbuds have high levels of radiation. Use caution when using your phone. Try not to be on it for long periods of time if possible.