What's new

iPhone does not charge on powerbank??

peteandrewd4t

Reaction score
Hi. I have recently bought a few powerbanks/portable chargers to be able to charge my iPhone 6 Plus on the go.
The powerbanks I have bought are shake to turn on powerbanks with no power buttons, and they have automatic device detection, meaning they automatically turn on once the phone is connected into it with the USB/lightning cord.
However, my iPhone 6 Plus does not start charging once connected. My old iPhone 4 does, on the same powerbanks.
I've tried several different lightning to USB charge cords, all with the same result, and all 3 powerbanks I have do not charge the iPhone 6 Plus, but they charge the iPhone 4 and any Android phones.
Is there something in the iPhone 6/6 Plus chipset that does not allow automatic charging from powerbanks? Or is it an issue with the phone itself?

Have you tried another iPhone 6 Plus to check if the problem is with your iPhone or is general to the 6/6 Plus.

It's not a problem with the 6 Plus in general. I've been using mine with a power station a few times last year, and I didn't have any problems.

It's not a problem with the 6 Plus in general. I've been using mine with a power station a few times last year, and I didn't have any problems.

Yeah but does yours have a power button? Mine doesn't and it's supposed to automatically turn on once the phone is connected into it but it doesn't, yet, it detects and automatically starts charging my iPhone 4.

Hmm. Are you using the stock iPhone charge cord? Or what charge cord are you using?

Have you tried powering the phone on while connected to see if that does it?

I use a generic cord and a power block from monoprice with no issues. But it does have a poet button