What's new

Iphone Dock Speaker for 3G

A speaker dock for your iPad is a great investment for your home entertainment set-up. Besides offering vastly improved audio, it gives your precious ‘Pad somewhere tidy to sit and charge.

Whether you want to boost your iPad’s audio for music, movies or gaming, we’ve got five docks that offer different functionality and suit different budgets — from $80 to $300.

Have a look through the docks we’ve selected below (listed in price order) and let us know in the comments which one would be at the top of your wish list.

1. Jensen JiPS-250i

This budget option won’t blow you away with its basic speakers, but it will offer a sound boost for music, movies and gaming. It can be used horizontally and vertically (with adjustable viewing angles) and boasts video line-out for playing your iPad’s content on the big screen.

Cost: $79.99

2. Altec Lansing Octiv Stage MP450

This good-looking speaker dock claims to provide “room-filling sound” from two speakers and charges your iPad while docked. The stand pivots for both landscape and portrait viewing with multiple viewing angles. The included remote will allow you to control your ‘Pad from the sofa — all of which adds up to a tidy product for film fans.

Cost: $149.95

3. iLuv Audio Cube iMM747

This promises to be a rather neat desktop solution. iLuv’s Audio Cube is a great option for music lovers as it will only dock your iPad vertically, but offers great sound. In addition to charging the device, there’s also the option to sync your tablet with a Mac or PC while docked.

Cost: $149.99

4. iHome iA100

Angled firmly as a bedside solution, the iHome iA100 turns your iPad into a rather swanky alarm clock. Along with the iHome+Sleep and iHome+Radio apps, the dock will give you advanced radio alarm clock functionality, charge your iPad over night and play audio via Bluetooth.

Cost: $199.95

5. Philips Fidelio DS8550

The Fidelio has a few tricks up its sleeve — as you might hope for that high-end price tag. Besides docking and charging an iPad, it also boasts wireless Bluetooth streaming so you can hold your iPad (or use it in another stand) while the audio streams from the Fidelio. Its rechargeable battery is good for up to five hours playback on the go and the free Fidelio app offers enhanced alarm functions if you want to use the dock on your bedside table.

Cost: $299.95

I would get bluetooth speakers. I hate it when my phone is docked just because I want to listen to music.