What's new

Iphone diskspace

seabreezesg

Reaction score
I am wondering for my 16Gb iPhone, when I have used 8Gb and I have deleted some applications, songs and photos. The next round when I installed new applications, songs and photos, will the new stuffs be occupying using the previous released free space if sufficient or new disk space?
If using the new space, then the available usage space indicated will be incorrect since released space is not considering.
Is there any compression program to resolve this issue.
Thank you for your reply.
Seabreezesg

When you remove apps songs whatever from your iPhone, there will be free spaces which will be add to the already available space. Now when you install new apps or add songs videos later, it will occupy some spaces out from the total available space. there is no apps to compress hard disc spaces or something related. the only way to format your hard disc and free up spaces by getting rid of potential files which remain present in the hard disc after uninstalling apps, of removing songs will be to factory restore you iPhone.
yes there are some files which you might not be able to locate or to access and which are nowhere related to the iOS files, those files will be showed as been part of the "OTHER MEMORY" when you connect your iPhone to iTunes and under the SUMMARY tab.