What's new

iPhone Contacts List "Storage"??

EWyatt

Reaction score
I downloaded my "Contacts" from my Gmail account (using the iPhone's Exchange feature). All's well. I also manually inputted several Contacts into the phone and they seem to be located in another "section" of the phone as well as with the other Contacts.
Question: Are ALL these contacts stored on the SIM card? Are those that I manually inputted stored elsewhere?

Basically, what I'm asking is how to ensure that all my contacts are absolutely stored on my iPhone and not dependent on my online Gmail account.

Am I being totally unclear???

Thanks.

Yes, apparently you're being totally unclear! Just ask WHERE the Contacts list is stored: physically on the SIM card or in flash phone memory. And good luck with a response.
EW

What's with the last post? Lol. Anyway,

You can't store contacts on the sim in an iPhone as far as I'm aware. You can only 'import' your contacts from the sim to the phone...

What's with the last post? Lol. Anyway,

You can't store contacts on the sim in an iPhone as far as I'm aware. You can only 'import' your contacts from the sim to the phone...

:))

Yeah, that was a retarded post, wasn't it. Bad day... But anyway, you cleared up the question about storage location for Contacts.

Except this part that you wrote: "You can't store contacts on the sim in an iPhone as far as I'm aware. You can only 'import' your contacts from the sim to the phone... "

If you can't store Contacts on the Sim Card, how did they get there in the first place to be able to "import" them from the Sim to the phone?

With my old 3GS I used the sim I already had form my nokia. I saved all my contacts to the sim the put it in my 3GS and imported them from there.

The same applies to the iPhone 4. I don't know of any other phones that take micro sims but you can use a cutter tool to convert a standard sim to a micro sim...