What's new

iphone comes on but "doesnt"???

closet410

Reaction score
a friend of mine just gave me their iphone. no charge since the screen is kind of cracked. i think its a gen 1 8gb. plugged it in the charger and this is what i see:

singleuser boot - fsck not done
root device is mounted read only

if you want to make modifications to files:

/sbin/fsck - fy
/sbin/mount -uw /

if you wish to boot the system:
exit

jan 1 00:33:47 launchd[12]: can't exec/bin/sh for single user : no such file or directory

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS AND HOW TO FIX IT???????

a friend of mine just gave me their iphone. no charge since the screen is kind of cracked. i think its a gen 1 8gb. plugged it in the charger and this is what i see:

singleuser boot - fsck not done
root device is mounted read only

if you want to make modifications to files:

/sbin/fsck - fy
/sbin/mount -uw /

if you wish to boot the system:
exit

jan 1 00:33:47 launchd[12]: can't exec/bin/sh for single user : no such file or directory

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS AND HOW TO FIX IT???????

Thats a tough one you might have to ask tech support personally

I'm sure you have asked your friend what he/she may have done? I'm sure your friend told you they did nothing or you would not be asking your question the way that you did.

Good luck. You have the clues now you must solve the mystery.

bc

I'm sure you have asked your friend what he/she may have done? I'm sure your friend told you they did nothing or you would not be asking your question the way that you did.

Good luck. You have the clues now you must solve the mystery.

bc

what? not sure what you are getting at but if you're asking have i asked him what he did to the phone, his answer was nothing. it hasnt been used in years. he didnt give me a charger so i brought one, charged it up, and got this message. i have no knowledge of iphones since i've never used one so i figured i'd post the question to those familiar with the product