What's new

iPhone cases make pictures bad?

newjacksm

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am new here and a new iPhone owner. I just put on a elago case and I was out the other night and started taking pictures with the flash.

It made the pictures come out very foggy and the flash was very "flared"

I would post a picture but I dont have the post count to do so...

Is this a flaw of the iPhone4? or a flaw of the case or cases?

What should I do? Or can some one direct to me to a better case or a better resolution..

Thank you

my case does the same thing when i use the flash. its just fine for non-flash photos but if im serious and i want to get a good picture with a flash, i take it out.

Not to make this sound like it is but did u make shore u pulled the plastic off the back of the phone only because I have done that myself when I first got my phone lol.

The camera lens and flash are VERY close to each other and are both encircled by a darkened plastic ridge all around. Without a case, all's well because there's nothing to reflect from. Putting on a case gives something for the flash unit to refelect from UNLESS the case is not any higher than that plastic ridge. Translation: get a case like the Otterbox Defender that doesn't reflect back into the lens.

It's more of a design flaw by apple then the design flaw by cases. I am reading more up on it from reviews on amazon and people are having the same problem... What a shame....

thats weird, i have never had a problem taking a pic with any of my covers.

Was your flash on? and was it in low light?

Here are some pictures...

With Case

7189e7e0.jpg

Without Case
37e25af8.jpg

Take and post picture of the case I would like to see what it looks like?

ea7ef3bd.jpg

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/elago-Slim-Verizon-iPhone-Feeling/dp/B004FDB4Y4/ref=pd_sim_cps_5[/ame]

Yeah that is a small area? Think they would of made a single bigger hole like the Belkin that I have thanks for posting pics

Was your flash on? and was it in low light?

Here are some pictures...

With Case

7189e7e0.jpg

Without Case
37e25af8.jpg

That's exactly what happens with my phone. im using a Speck Candyshell case. Its not a super big deal for me as i dont use the flash that often but when i do thats what it looks like if i dont remove my case.

got my iPhone few days ago. i need a case! i dont wanna scratch it so can someone tell me where i could get cases or idk something for it