What's new

Iphone battery life very short Is this normal??? Down to 24% in 1hr 25m of use

ingrammarttin

Reaction score
Hi,

Have had my phone now for about 3 days. Battery life seems to be very short. It is about to kick it at 2pm after a full charge last night!!!! It also seems to run very hot when in use!!! I am being very careful and making sure I close down any apps that are not in use. I have also updated the software via itunes which seems to have had no impact.

Should I take this phone back as faulty?

Thanks for any advice

Martin

Here is a link to apple's battery page Apple - Batteries - iPhone These are the best ways to extend battery life. In my opinion the biggest battery draw other that apps is the screen brightness. Its so bright and pretty.....but turned up even around half seems to use quite a bit of battery.

i had that same problem but because i was using it 24/7 i could not put it down

Sounds like it's faulty to me I mean if you are browsing the Internet for 5 hours straight it is probably going to die but if you have other thing to do with your time like most of us I am thinking it should be good most of the day. My phone has never gotten hot either even with excessive use.

Hi,

Have had my phone now for about 3 days. Battery life seems to be very short. It is about to kick it at 2pm after a full charge last night!!!! It also seems to run very hot when in use!!! I am being very careful and making sure I close down any apps that are not in use. I have also updated the software via itunes which seems to have had no impact.

Thanks for any advice

Martin

How long are you charging it at night? It will say 100% after two hours of charging but it doesn't last as long as when you trickle charge it for 4 hours.

I was experiencing the same thing. Battery dies VERY quick with default settings. The phone would be very hot as well. Yesterday I lowered the screen brightness to ~50% and turned off wifi. Charged the phone over night and i disconnected it around 9am. It's almost 10pm now and I have about 75% battery remaining.

So try those two things. I think it was the wifi draining the battery. ANY battery will get hot during excessive use or quick discharge. I spend the better part if 10 years in the RC car hobby, believe me I know.

Hi,

Thanks for any advice

Martin
I do facing same problems, but after I did some changes. it looks better. you may try these. disable your 3G , switch OFF ,service loaction, WIFI , Fetch new data & the carrier manually select the operator. don't use automatic

Sent back phone and got a new one. Batery life much much better. Phone does not get hot when in use now. Phone was obviously faulty, I think the battery was shorting creating heat and shortening it's life. Now I have over 50% battery life left at the end of the day!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the help