What's new

Iphone auto reset issue

lindseyxlee

Reaction score
Hello.

So, my Iphone 4 decided to auto reset itself yesterday. For some reason, when I plugged it into a wall outlet the apple screen shows, and it will continue onto a configure screen. Upon sliding the bar to "configure" it prompts me to connect to itunes. But, when I plug it into my computer it seems to be stuck on the apple screen and will not let me get to the same menu I get when it is plugged into the wall. I have tried multiple USB ports on my computer, and iTunes is not recognizing the phone even being plugged in nor is my computer, but I suspect that being because it's not making it past the apple start screen.

I can also not turn the phone on at all unless it is plugged into a charger, any idea what has happened to my phone?

i know this is a few months old but..... 2 possibilities. 1 either you need a new battery.....or 2 you have had some water damaged (moisture can cause water damage as well) with option 2 basically you short circuit the motherboard/logicboard which means you are s.o.l. the only few fixes are replacing the motherboard and for some reason they are $150+. or if you have insurance through your carrier/apple then get it replaced with a deductible (which is based off carrier/apple) you can also try to clean your motherboard with rubbing alcohol/isopropyl (i have been able to restore a few iPhones that were water damaged with rubbing/isopropyl alcohol, they didn't have this problem but it did allow them to work again with no issues to date) this method is not recommended unless you are a professional. hope this helps.