What's new

iPhone 8 Secret Codes

wade123

Reaction score
Does anyone know the code to get into engineering mode of the iPhone 8. Not the test mode or anythinkg like that but the engineering mode or primary menu mode where you can make changes to the root and device itself. Thanks.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

You would have to jailbreak the iPhone to change the device itself. The iPhone 8 came with iOS 11 installed, afaik. There’s no jailbreak for this software at the moment, so what you’d like to do is impossible right now.
It’s also not sure whether or not a jailbreak will be released to the public.

Doesn't look promising. Supposedly they were going to release a 10.3 JB, but haven't yet. Of course, there's always a chance that one can be developed for 11.

Doesn't look promising. Supposedly they were going to release a 10.3 JB, but haven't yet. Of course, there's always a chance that one can be developed for 11.
Jailbreaking has become much more difficult over the years as Apple has become better at not leaving exploits open and quickly blocking those that they discover.
The recent jailbreaks are fundamentally different than older jailbreaks as they have been dependent on stolen or fraudulently obtained Apple Enterprise certificates, allowing the jailbreak to be distributed as if it were a beta version of an app under development.

Reactions: 933
Welcome to iPhone Forums!

You would have to jailbreak the iPhone to change the device itself. The iPhone 8 came with iOS 11 installed, afaik. There’s no jailbreak for this software at the moment, so what you’d like to do is impossible right now.

Thank you for your reply, however, I am not referring to jailbreaking. On iPhone 6 for example you simply typed in the phone keypad *#*#889988#*# and it brought up the engineering mode. In there you can change you band setting manually or network selection or modem testing... things like that. but that code does not work with the 8. what I am asking is if anyone knows that code for the 8 plus to get into the engineering mode? Thanks

The engineering mode was for testing cellular networks, I'm sure AT&T, Verizon and the rest have the in-house ability to design an app and put it on their technicians' iPhones to perform the same thing - though I may be (and often am) wrong about this.

Thank you for your reply, however, I am not referring to jailbreaking. On iPhone 6 for example you simply typed in the phone keypad *#*#889988#*# and it brought up the engineering mode. In there you can change you band setting manually or network selection or modem testing... things like that. but that code does not work with the 8. what I am asking is if anyone knows that code for the 8 plus to get into the engineering mode? Thanks

It isn't the 8, it's iOS 11 that removed that
The codes no longer work on any iPhone currently on iOS 11.

Field test mode should still be working with iOS 11. The code is *3001#12345#*.
FA982856-ECF8-4E1A-9B07-3EC77B16F7AF.jpeg

“Call” it, and you get something like this:
12E586A7-7BF1-4B72-B250-855A428CAC2C.jpeg