What's new

iPhone 6S Will be Slightly Thicker and Larger than the iPhone 6

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone_6s_thickness.jpg

Hmmm... this is odd. We have had previous reports that the battery in the new iPhone 6S will be smaller than the previous generation iPhone 6; however, today's news makes that seem strange. According to the above images of a leaked iPhone 6S being measure, the physical dimensions of the device will be both thicker and larger than the previous iPhone.
iphone_6s_height_width.jpg

The dimensions indicated by the pictures suggest the iPhone 6S will be 7.08 mm thick, and it will be 138.19 mm tall and 67.68 mm wide, compared to the 138.1 mm and 67.0 mm of the iPhone 6. What gives here? Why would a phone with a smaller battery take up more space and not be even smaller than before?

The only theory we can come up with is that the rumored Force Touch tech for the phone takes up more space, leading to the slightly larger new device measurements. What do you folks think?

Source: MacRumors

That IS bizarre. Or maybe they have something hidden up their sleeve...

Another reason for the slightly thicker dimensions could be that the thickness of the aluminum in the case has been slightly increased. Combined with the stronger series 7000 alloy, it would make the case even stronger. I'll be waiting for the YouTube videos as the latest crop of people with nothing better to do try to bend the latest iPhone.;)

bend? or Blend?
Another reason for the slightly thicker dimensions could be that the thickness of the aluminum in the case has been slightly increased. Combined with the stronger series 7000 alloy, it would make the case even stronger. I'll be waiting for the YouTube videos as the latest crop of people with nothing better to do try to bend the latest iPhone.;)
o_O

I can't believe some of those videos, Last year someone fried an iPhone 6.

I can't believe some of those videos, Last year someone fried an iPhone 6.

I remember that one. The guy was like, "wow, look at all this smoke! I didn't think it would smoke this much." WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GONNA HAPPEN?!?

Maybe they'll try shooting one with larger bullets.;)
I'm not sure how to get much bigger than sniper bullets. rocket launcher maybe?

Don't forget about the one when they dropped the iPhone from an airplane ;)

I remember that one. The guy was like, "wow, look at all this smoke! I didn't think it would smoke this much." WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GONNA HAPPEN?!?

I'm not sure how to get much bigger than sniper bullets. rocket launcher maybe?

Don't forget about the one when they dropped the iPhone from an airplane ;)
LOL, Maybe this year the same guy will try one deep fried in batter ;)