What's new

iPhone 6S iCloud Locked

jennna

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought iPhone 6S from eBay. However, I didn't know that I had to ask owner to remove his iCloud. Now it is contineously asking for iCloud details to unlock it. I googled and followed this tutorial but it seems that Doulci is no more. EDITED

Please help me out.

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to contact the seller to remove his iCloud from the phone. This can be done remotely. If the seller won’t comply, demand a refund via eBay. There is no other way to delete an iCloud account from an iPhone.

You need to contact the seller to remove his iCloud from the phone. This can be done remotely. If the seller won’t comply, demand a refund via eBay. There is no other way to delete an iCloud account from an iPhone.
Sigh of relief. I didn't know that it can also be removed remotely. I have contacted the seller few days ago but no reply as of yet. Will keep trying to contact for few days and then will demand a refund.

Sigh of relief. I didn't know that it can also be removed remotely. I have contacted the seller few days ago but no reply as of yet. Will keep trying to contact for few days and then will demand a refund.
Any procedure that claims to delete or bypass iCloud Activation Lock is a scam, no matter how good it seems. You only have 45 days from the time the listing ended to open an item not as described dispute and demand a refund. Do not let the seller string you along until the time limit expires.

What about if you hard reset the iPhone and reload the software from scratch. I once changed from password and forgot the it. I just rebooted the phone as a new device from iTunes and reloaded everything. Will that not work...?

Its a long process yes, but it can be done...

What about if you hard reset the iPhone and reload the software from scratch. I once changed from password and forgot the it. I just rebooted the phone as a new device from iTunes and reloaded everything. Will that not work...?

Its a long process yes, but it can be done...
This won’t work, as long as the device is still connected to the previous owner’s iCloud ID. What you’re describing might have been possible before iOS 7, but it can’t be done with the software from iOS 7 on.

Last edited:
This won’t work, as long as the device is still connected to the previous owner’s iCloud ID.

I see, I didn’t know.

They two of my iPhones, a 5 and 5s. Have they not been able to use them...??? I can still see them on my “Find iPhone” profile though, but they’ve been offline since the theft...

I see, I didn’t know.

They two of my iPhones, a 5 and 5s. Have they not been able to use them...??? I can still see them on my “Find iPhone” profile though, but they’ve been offline since the theft...
If they are still in Find my iPhone, nobody will be able to unlock and use them, if they don’t know your iCloud ID and password. iCloud’s Activation Lock will prevent that.