What's new

iPhone 6 Plus Managed to Take a 41% Share of all US Phablet sales for the August to October Quarter

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
iphone-6-plus.png

By now, you have probably read reports saying that the iPhone 6 is more popular than the iPhone 6 Plus. But what you need to understand is that this doesn't mean the iPhone 6 Plus doesn't sell well, it's just not the 'blockbuster' product.

And new data is here to prove it. According to Kantar, the iPhone 6 Plus managed to take a 41% share of all US phablet sales for the August to October quarter. Here's what the firm says:

On the market for just over a month of the three months ending with October 2014, the iPhone 6 Plus captured 41% of “phablet” sales—sales of smartphones with a screen size of 5.5 inches and larger. Phablet sales represented 10% of overall smartphone sales, up from 2% for the same period in 2013.

At the point of sale, when asked what drove their choice of smartphones, 58% of those surveyed who bought an iPhone 6 Plus said screen size was the primary reason for choosing their device. Despite the more compact design of the iPhone 6, 60% of consumers who chose it also cited screen size as the primary purchase driver. The ability to connect to a 4G/LTE network was the second most important reason cited by both buyer groups.

The analytics firm also mentioned that of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus buyers, 85% were repeat iOS buyers and 9% churned from Android.

Source: Kantar

I don't think the "phablet" (I hate using that word) market really didn't offer any real choices if someone wanted to go from a normal 4.7 inch screen. If you went to the 5 inch and over screen then you will power as far as the processor speed goes. At least Apple made it so that if you wanted a bigger phone, you won't lose anything over the non plus Iphones.

I don't think the "phablet" (I hate using that word) market really didn't offer any real choices if someone wanted to go from a normal 4.7 inch screen. If you went to the 5 inch and over screen then you will power as far as the processor speed goes. At least Apple made it so that if you wanted a bigger phone, you won't lose anything over the non plus Iphones.

yup i agree with the explanation plus using the term phablet is also not understandable.