What's new

Nuwat

Reaction score
Hello all,

I own an iPhone 6, and this morning I woke up to all of my apps logged out aside snapchat and my iCloud asking for verification which has never happened in the year that I've owned this phone. Another very curious thing is that I can't access my pictures. I'm curious if there's already an explanation as to why this would happen, but I couldn't find anything on google or this forum to my problem. Is this a sign of my phone being hacked? Or just an error in the server or something of the sort?

I don't have any answers for you as to what may have happened.

I suggest you change your passwords, even though a hack is actually quite unlikely.

As far as getting access to your Camera Roll goes, you should be able to return things to normal by doing a reboot. Hold lock and home buttons until the Apple logo shows on the screen, then release them.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

If nobody else was using your iPhone, and it's not jailbroken, it's very unlikely it's been hacked. iCloud asking for verification happened to me a few times since I'm owning iDevices.

Did you do anything special or different before you were logged out of your apps? Update apps, e.g.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that many replies so soon o.o Thank you for the relief of confirming this wasn't a hack JA and Kevin, and thank you for that piece of information ardchoille. The reboot thing seemed to work, albeit confirming my iCloud due to weak wifi signal atm. But really, much appreciated :)

Wow, I wasn't expecting that many replies so soon o.o Thank you for the relief of confirming this wasn't a hack JA and Kevin, and thank you for that piece of information ardchoille. The reboot thing seemed to work, albeit confirming my iCloud due to weak wifi signal atm. But really, much appreciated :)
Well, you're now on the best iOS forums around. Lots of knowledgeable people here just waiting to help others :)

As others have confirmed, it's pretty much impossible to hack into an iOS device - the FBI recently made a huge media deal about that fact.. even the FBI wasn't able to break the encryption used in iOS.

You will get occasional verification requests from Apps that have logons to verify that it IS you that has your phone.

On my laptop & desktop PCs, I get occasional verification request from Steam.

You will get occasional verification requests from Apps that have logons to verify that it IS you that has your phone.
Yeah, it's annoying, but it does happen.. nothing to worry about.