What's new

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus Full Features Officially Unveiled

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone6-iphone6plus-official-pic.png

The iPhone 6 has now been officially unveiled. Tim Cook took to the stage to show off the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Here is a quick pic of the breathtaking new tech from the folks at Apple.

Here's a breakdown of the revealed features and functions:

iPhone 6 -
  • iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch display with resolution of 1334 by 750 - this is 326 pixels per inch - this makes "for a more than 720p Retina HD display." - iPhone 6 has over one million pixels
  • A8 chip has up to 25% faster processing power and up to 50% faster graphics
  • iPhone 6 is up to 50% more energy efficient
  • 84x faster graphics than original iPhone
  • 50x faster performance than original iPhone
  • Thinnest iPhone ever made - 6.9mm
  • M8 coprocessor continuously measures motion data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass - has a barometer that senses air pressure to measure relative elevation
  • Supports Voice over LTE
  • With 802.11ac, iPhone 6 Wi-Fi speeds are up to three times faster than iPhone 5s
  • Wi-Fi calling is a new feature for making high-quality calls when cell conditions are poor.
  • 8MP iSight camera, 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture. And an all-new sensor -
    Focus Pixels are a technology previously found only in professional DSLR cameras - Optical Image Stabilization
  • Video includes new Apple-designed video encoder - Capture slo-mo video at 120 fps or 240 fps

iPhone 6 Plus -
  • iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1920 by 1080 and 401 pixels per inch - full 1080p HD resolution - iPhone 6 Plus over two million pixels
  • A8 chip has up to 25% faster processing power and up to 50% faster graphics
  • 84x faster graphics than original iPhone
  • 50x faster performance than original iPhone
  • Next Thinnest iPhone ever made - 7.1mm
  • Landscape view for iPhone 6 Plus
  • M8 coprocessor continuously measures motion data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass - has a barometer that senses air pressure to measure relative elevation
  • Supports Voice over LTE
  • With 802.11ac, iPhone 6 Wi-Fi speeds are up to three times faster than iPhone 5s
  • Wi-Fi calling is a new feature for making high-quality calls when cell conditions are poor.
  • 8MP iSight camera, 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture. And an all-new sensor -
    Focus Pixels are a technology previously found only in professional DSLR cameras - Optical Image Stabilization
  • Video includes new Apple-designed video encoder - Capture slo-mo video at 120 fps or 240 fps

These iconic devices are easily Apple's greatest achievement yet! We can't wait to get our hands on them!

Last edited:
I love how thin it is. 6.9 and 7.1 mm!!! thats awesome

Wish it wouldn't keep vanishing, I keep getting the black screen, really frustrating.

Me too! I wish there was a way to shut off the Chinese interpreter tack, though.

Mine went just at the exciting part where iPhone 6 was revealed, I was just.... Oh Wow when it went off.

Mine's working now. They're discussing the new camera right now, it's quite an advancement over the existing camera on the 5S.

Yeah... the livestream was a major catastrophe. They didn't set aside enough bandwidth for their servers.

The Apple store is open again, Cant wait to get one in my hands.
Got the prices in the store now and the 4.7 is actually £10 cheaper than 5s was last year.

Curious...
Would this be iPhone to iPhone only (like current text over WiFi) or is it WiFi to any phone? Now THAT would be a GREAT feature! At home and at work I have crappy service so phone calls are iffy at best. Also, is this a phone feature or an iOS feature??

Has not dawned on apple ' that the majority of
Apple ipad users couldn't give a monkeys toss
About the latest gadget type watches...!
And guess what' how many people will
Want one , when you can buy better and cheaper
From china ..

Has not dawned on apple ' that the majority of
Apple ipad users couldn't give a monkeys toss
About the latest gadget type watches...!
And guess what' how many people will
Want one , when you can buy better and cheaper
From china ..
The people who buy iPads have never been concerned with buying the cheapest device, no matter the brand. They buy iPads, iPhones, and likely the new Apple Watch because they want the quality associated with the Apple brand and most important, the devices just work. Apple has the highest customer satisfaction rating in the industry.

As my experience from iphone 3Gs - 5, the phone and others feather is perfect. But the most hateful is its battery, during my business work there are many charge 2-3 times per day, if there no business call on my holiday, then also 2 times per day.

I really sad about the battery capacity!