What's new

Iphone 6 crushed by vehicle - no insurance, what are my options in the uk?

fluidz

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had it less than two weeks. Yesterday, I was rushing out of the house with my Iphone half hanging out my pocket - forgetting to zip it up. Found out only whilst I reached work it had fell out. Locate my Iphone worked wonders, and I was instantly able to track it down. Unfortunately, A vehicle must of driven over it as the entire screen is crushed, and the phone has a slight bend to it. The screen still turns on, but only the top half of the digitizer is working.

I own the original receipt and it was bought instore from the Apple shop. I didn't take out any protection on the day, which I regret. Also, I have no insurance to cover mobile phone damage.

My question is, would apple accept a fee to replace it? I don't think the bend is fixable so Apple would either have to stick it in a vice or rehouse it which I guess is unlikely.

DSC01981.JPG

DSC01985.JPG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The repair cost, if your phone is repairable is generally half the cost of a new phone. I suggest you contact Apple to see exactly what the cost to repair/replace your phone would be.

Most reactions

Latest posts