What's new

iPhone 6 battery life

Char_lie

Reaction score
I have IOS 8.4 and my battery lasts about 8 hours. I keep my brightness either mid way, or less. Mostly less. I only have a couple of apps, mainly snapchat Facebook Instagram and messenger. I keep my Bluetooth off, wifi off when not in use, and data when not in use. I close the apps after using it as well. Is there any way I can increase my battery life to more than 10 hours, preferably 15hours?

Then probably not. The iPhone 6 is, I believe, rated specific hours active use and Facebook, among others, is a battery drainer. Here are the specs:
Talk time:Up to 14 hours on 3G

Internet use:Up to 10 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 11 hours on Wi‑Fi

HD Video Playback:Up to 11 hours

Audio playback:Up to 50 hours

Standby time:Up to 10 days (250 hours)

What do you reccomend to Find ways to get the longest battery life?

Thank you for the responses, I appreciate it.

Force closing your apps isn't necessary, except if they are misbehaving. By force closing your apps, you're negatively impacting battery life and performance of your iPhone.

Can you explain what force closing apps is?

Double tapping the Home button, then sliding the thumbnail above the app icon towards the top of the screen.

You said in your first post you're closing apps after using them, that's forcing them to close.

Oh okay, correct. I was just clarifying what that meant. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Set up a time when the iPhone locks (Settings - General - Auto Lock). If possible, select 1 Minute.

Turn down the volume of your device or use headphones. Also make sure the equalizer is turned off (Settings - Music - EQ).

Turn on Reduce Motion in Settings - General - Accessibility, and use a static wallpaper.

Turn off Location Services and Siri, if you don't need them.

Use Fetch New Data rather than Push in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

In Settings - General, disable Background App Refresh.

And in Settings - General - Date & Time, disable Set Automatically.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. Thanks for you advice, I'll follow it for sure.

You're welcome. I hope you'll notice an increase of the time you can use your iPhone.

Force closing your apps isn't necessary, except if they are misbehaving. By force closing your apps, you're negatively impacting battery life and performance of your iPhone.
I'm allways force closing my apps...
It's become more a habit....
My battery life is Actually great.

2d57d05edd822a1bc1b537dd38c389f5.jpg

I'm allways force closing my apps...
It's become more a habit....
My battery life is Actually great.

2d57d05edd822a1bc1b537dd38c389f5.jpg
It was recommended for older devices, it's not necessary any more.
Every time you force close an app, your iPhone has to load it completely when you open it again. If you don't force close it, it remains in a frozen state until you use it again, thus needing less power when you reopen it.

Force closing is necessary when an app misbehaves (crashing, ...).