What's new

iphone 5

medlam

Reaction score
Hi my iPhone 5 keeps putting up slide to power off it does it about 10-15 Times a day I was just wondering if anyone knows what the fault my be

Is your power button working normally? I'm asking because the slide to power off screen is normally accessed by pressing and holding the power button.

Yes the power button work perfect is have done a hard reset and also backed everything up and done a factory restore

Did you restore a clean copy of the latest iOS to the phone? If that still doesn't help, there is the possibility that there's some fault in the hardware that may be causing this. Are you near enough to an Apple Store that you can take in the iPhone for a Genius Bar appointment. They can run a diagnostic and discover just what's wrong.

yes it was a clean copy and will it cost me to get a diagnostic check done on it cos it's out of warranty now

I believe that Apple will do the diagnostic for free and only charge if there is an uncovered repair.

Ok thank you very much I will make an appointment

Look and see if you have many screens shits that you didn't intentionally do? If so, there is a flex ribbon that runs from the volume, mute and power button that needs replaced. The power button does three things physically that causes the softer to respond three different manners. Your flex ribbon is acting like the power button is pressed down and being held.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk