What's new

iPhone 5

Tristan

Reaction score
I went in to the phones 4 you looking for a iPhone for a birthday present for a friend, and I could not believe the <lies> the sales man said, according to this sales man, the iPhone 4,4s and 5 are the same, just got a different case on, he said that everything else is the same processor are the same camera ate the same, what I'm saying is, how can these people be allowed to work in these mobile phone shops if they don't know what their selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It seems that this is the case now a days...unfortunate for sure. My Nephew and I went to a non-Apple store to buy an iMAC as a gift. First, the employee brought out the more expensive one, not realizing the difference. Then, proceeded to charge us the wrong price and not the Sales Price. When asked if we wanted their Service contract..."no" was not enough for him. His snide remark was, "Really??? Why not!" ....not once, twice he asked that to my Nephew who is 16 years old. My guess was he was taking advantage of his age and was trying to convince him otherwise.

Needless to say, I stepped into that conversation and ended it at that point. I made it very clear that this was NOT our first Apple Product to purchase and we were very well knowledgeable of what we wanted and needed.

Talk about the apologies of his mistakes afterwards. Geez!!

Ye I think your correct, I think they do it a lot

Ye I think your correct, I think they do it a lot

makes me wonder if they only had certain models in the shop and he didn't want to lose a sale.

The best source of Apple devices would be Apple themselves. Go to a local branch, get the feel of the device and get educated and clear answers for your questions, and they'll go in depth with you on the differences and comparison. I've been to Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Best Buy, etc etc, as a second pair of ears when my friends and family look into a new phone, and they basically regurgitate the label back to you. "Oh it's faster than the old one" "the screen is longer" "it's thinner". I'm pretty sure we see the physical aspects, but what about the inside. Why is it faster, why would I want the 5'e slightly larger screen compared to the 4/4S, what other important differences in hardware/software are there. An Apple Genius or staff will dive straight into those aspects. A sales rep from a non-Apple store will either not dive into that, or just skim the surface.

There's many MANY people working in retail of all types but specially mobile phones who try to confuse customers with jargon and sales spiel and come undone all the time.

It seems that this is the case now a days...unfortunate for sure. My Nephew and I went to a non-Apple store to buy an iMAC as a gift. First, the employee brought out the more expensive one, not realizing the difference. Then, proceeded to charge us the wrong price and not the Sales Price. When asked if we wanted their Service contract..."no" was not enough for him. His snide remark was, "Really??? Why not!" ....not once, twice he asked that to my Nephew who is 16 years old. My guess was he was taking advantage of his age and was trying to convince him otherwise.

Needless to say, I stepped into that conversation and ended it at that point. I made it very clear that this was NOT our first Apple Product to purchase and we were very well knowledgeable of what we wanted and needed.

Talk about the apologies of his mistakes afterwards. Geez!!

they are more worried about store numbers/figures for the day instead of selling you the right product, plus they get hassle from their managers to sell extras

Extras ye like insurance now that's a rip off if ever there was one, especially the phones 4 you and Cphw insurance, all they want is to take your money