What's new

iPhone 5 Will Have Same Price Points As iPhone 4S

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8085-iphone-5-comparision.JPG

Those concerned that the iPhone 5 will be more expensive that its predecessors can breathe a sigh of relief as according to a report on 9to5 Mac today, the next iPhone will have the same price points as the iPhone 4S, which leads them to speculate that it will also have the same configurations as the iPhone 4S, e.g., 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. This would tie in with other reports yesterday that said that the new iPhone would have three price points. 9to5 Mac also says that the iPhone 5’s Apple codename is N42, one of two prototypes that it had previously reported Apple as working on, with the other, the N41, having NFC, which Apple has obviously decided not to go for, for reasons as yet unknown, possibly just because it’s too soon for an NFC iPhone. 9to5 Mac thinks that pre-orders will start soon after the announcement next week in the US, with staggered launches in other territories, as is usually the case.

Source: Redesigned iPhone (N42) being announced next week at iPhone 4S price points | 9to5Mac

another £700 I think I will be upgrading every 3 years instead of 2 and jump to the S versions after the 5 of course

I can get a new one in January, and if Apple will give me $170 for my iPhone 4. The rest ain't nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

If so, I will upgrade to the new iPhone, and now I have iPhone 4s. So should I sell it from anywhere?

webb1234 said:
If so, I will upgrade to the new iPhone, and now I have iPhone 4s. So should I sell it from anywhere?

You can go to Apples website and put in some info and they will buy it from you. I think the 4s is going for a little over $200.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

blantz said:
You can go to Apples website and put in some info and they will buy it from you. I think the 4s is going for a little over $200.
No offense... but that's a ridiculously low amount of $$ for an even 1yr old 4S. Should bring at least $300-$400 on eBay depending on condition.