iPhone 5 Will Be Radically Different After All and it’ll be Here in August

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_mockup.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BGR has some fairly surprising news today, to the effect that the next iPhone will be announced at the beginning of August 2011, and will go on sale in the last week of August. And despite the fact that Apple has been letting some developers use an iPhone 4S, leading many to believe that the next iPhone would not be much of a departure from the previous one, BGR says that according to its sources, the next iPhone will indeed be an iPhone 5, and it will have a “radical new case design.” BGR quotes a similar story from Thisismynext’s Joshua Topolsky, which says that the iPhone 5 will have a teardrop shape that goes from thick to thin, much like a MacBook Air. Topolsky says that his sources tell him that the iPhone 5 will look more like the latest iPod touch than the iPhone 4. The screen will also be edge-to-edge, which is something that Topolsky predicted months ago. The above image has been mocked up by Thisismynext based on sketches they have received of the new phone and information from their source. Exciting![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: Apple iPhone 5 to be major update after all; announcement and availability in August?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is this what the iPhone 5 will look like? (updated) | This is my next...

[/FONT]

I just got my iPhone 4 last week. I debated and debated on whether to wait until this fall. I REALLY hoped this new version was on the horizon, but with so many unconfirmed rumors I decided to get the 4.

The debate in my head was between the two rumors...when Verizon would start tiered data pricing vs. rumor of smaller sleaker iphone5 with larger display. The "unlimited" plan being grandfathered in won out the debate for me. Now I will be ready when the iPhone 6 comes out (hopefully with LTE), although I will probably have to change my plan at that point and all this debate was for naught! LOL!

U guys... Could it be possible that the 4S will be released but at a reduced price??? U know for more people to have iPhone without having to feel like they blew a lot of money???

I don't like it, the edge to edge screen will make it hard to have a really protective case. I like mine, I'll keep it for the forseable future.

That phone is fugly. I don't care what it can do.....I, for sure, won't be getting one.

Last edited:
U guys... Could it be possible that the 4S will be released but at a reduced price??? U know for more people to have iPhone without having to feel like they blew a lot of money???

i doubt it.. i think it will be the same if not more. but i hope they do reduce the price for factory unlocked devices. for my iphone 4 i paid 599 and then they increased the price months later, not by much only to £612 for the 32GB model and 100 cheaper for the 16. im hoping the iphone 4s will have a 64GB model also

I have always wanted to jailbreak but never really knew about it and didnt wanna mess up my iphone (idk what i would do without it) but im really wanting to get into the jailbreaking sene and really lear how to do it and help others with it as well . Im kinda nervouse to do it i guess but i do hae a mac which i know its easier to do it on . I recently got IOS 5 beta 1 and its amazing so i wanna jailbreak it later when its not a teathered break

I have always wanted to jailbreak but never really knew about it and didnt wanna mess up my iphone (idk what i would do without it) but im really wanting to get into the jailbreaking sene and really lear how to do it and help others with it as well . Im kinda nervouse to do it i guess but i do hae a mac which i know its easier to do it on . I recently got IOS 5 beta 1 and its amazing so i wanna jailbreak it later when its not a teathered break

well just have a look around research make sure you know what your doing and check what kind of apps people install from cydia and see if you think its worth doing, there are so many tweaks and apps you can customise and download games there is bound to be something you want from it. but its not for every one as certain apps reduce battery life but then you get some like auto 3g that help save battery

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-hacking-17/thinking-jailbreaking-but-not-sure-13086/

i hope that will answer a few of your questions at least

Unleashed said:
well just have a look around research make sure you know what your doing and check what kind of apps people install from cydia and see if you think its worth doing, there are so many tweaks and apps you can customise and download games there is bound to be something you want from it. but its not for every one as certain apps reduce battery life but then you get some like auto 3g that help save battery

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-hacking-17/thinking-jailbreaking-but-not-sure-13086/

i hope that will answer a few of your questions at least

Thanks! I am looking for an old 3gs or have some ppl come in a lot with a cracked screen and just wanna get rid of it so i can kinda mess around with it and jail break that just to "get my feet wet". I really dnt wanna mess up my iphone 4 . But thanks for all the help and i hope i can do a jailbreak soon

I like Nokia N9 better. What's the point in expanding the display width to the extent of having no bezel on the sides but leaving the bottom and top like in the earlier models. It does look fugly..

I am still losing in iphone 4! I havn'e enoye dit enough and has no eager to own an iPhone 5!