What's new

iPhone 5 Voice Navigation

smithappy

Reaction score
Android already utilizes Nuance, using the technology to convert voice directly and accurately into text messages and e-mail. If Apple uses both of these technologies to their full potential in the iPhone 5, they could potentially introduce a phone fully operational by just the user's voice. Obviously, a keyboard is still absolutely necessary for a smartphone, but Apple's introduction of their voice control software may mean that in the future, voice recognition could become equally imperative.
Reputation Management

I think it would have to discriminate between users, can you imagine being out with the family at a farm, someone say's 'look at the fat old pig' - and the wife's phone rings. Ooops! :).

To date not i've found any voice dictation software that works well or reliable enough in translation to replace typing and i'm rubbish at that too.

Might be my strong East London accent, given our countries rich cultural mix, how many speak Queens english as spoken by the Queen?

SIRI i've not tried Yet as i have the ip4, and i know a lot vaunt SIRI. Until i get to try due to many false dawns i'll keep my scientism i expect.

I think eventually this will be put into place, hopefully in a ios 5 update but more then likely in ios 6 now I bet. For now we have to put up with maps thats is pretty useless imo or download something from the app store.

Siri's decent(I have a 4s), but seems to be having a hard time understanding me and my friends. I'd give her a B+.