What's new

iPhone 5 the first...

aepple

Reaction score
...real video phone. With facetime no longer needing WiFi and now capable of being made using 3G or LTE, the iPhone 5 can now make Video phone calls from anywhere.

Only if the person you are calling has an iPhone with iOS 6. Which considering the numbers they say they have sold that shouldn't be to hard.

Only if the person you are calling has an iPhone with iOS 6. Which considering the numbers they say they have sold that shouldn't be to hard.

It should be the devices only if they are powered with iOS 6, I mean it can iPad, iPod Touch but not only iPhone.

You can make phone FaceTime calls to those who still run iOS 5. They just have to be on wifi.

I have tried facetime with non apple devices in the past (HTC) and it has worked

Unleashed said:
I have tried facetime with non apple devices in the past (HTC) and it has worked

How ? My wife has my old s3 (spit in bucket) ... I know Skype and tango work but how FaceTime pls ?

I was gonna leave my new ipad at home so I can FaceTime her but if there is another way

Cheers

The same way you would FaceTime with any apple device I just did with the htc and it worked... Though this was using iOS 4 at the time when I first got my iPhone 4

Welcome to 2002, when 3G was announced. I could do "real" video calls with my Nokia 6680. Notto mention that Android has had it sice always.

@above poster, yes it is, because Apple as always thought that they were the best and came out as the worst.

The Amazing iOS 6 Maps

Welcome to 2002, when 3G was announced. I could do "real" video calls with my Nokia 6680. Notto mention that Android has had it sice always.

@above poster, yes it is, because Apple as always thought that they were the best and came out as the worst.

The Amazing iOS 6 Maps

its not about who releases it first, its who does a better job of it when they do... plus nokia has been releasing phones for how many years longer then apple? and how well did it even work on the nokia? I remember I used to buy nothing but nokias and my iphone 3G camera was better then a 5mp nokia camera... so being the first to release something does not make it better, I would rather wait longer and have a better reliable product regalrdess of if its nokia, android, windows phone or anything

Haha true, a first amaze that the iphone 3g have video calls, later on I remember I can do the same with my nokia phone. But at least they had started the generation for touch screen phones.