What's new

IPhone 5 Sleep Problem

jchocolate

Reaction score
My IPhone 5 goes to sleep while I am running the app Endomondo Tracker and therein turns the app off instead of staying awake and recording my walking distance. Is this an app issue or a phone problem? If phone, is there an obvious setting which needs to be reset? This is messing up my totals for my distance records with the local hiking club.

My IPhone 5 goes to sleep while I am running the app Endomondo Tracker and therein turns the app off instead of staying awake and recording my walking distance. Is this an app issue or a phone problem? If phone, is there an obvious setting which needs to be reset? This is messing up my totals for my distance records with the local hiking club.
I've never used that app, so this reply is an assumption. I would think that a walk/run tracker would continue tracking even during sleep mode. I use iSmoothRun and it continues tracking even during sleep mode.

The phone will enter sleep mode, using the timeout setting in Settings > General > Auto-Lock, unless the app that is being used specifically includes a setting to override sleep mode. Check the settings in your Endomondo app to see if there is a "stay awake" type of setting. Keep in mind that this will use a lot of battery life due to the screen being always on.