What's new

iPhone 5 problem with Facebook

TobiePedroz

Reaction score
Hello
I have an iPhone 5 and have the Facebook app installed. Every time I click on a photo, the app closes and I go back to my home screen.
I have done a full back up and restore and have also uninstalled the FB app and downloaded it again from the App Store. Nothing has worked and I'm going crazy.
Please help

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software for the iPhone 5 is iOS 10.3.2. If that’s not installed on your device, update it.

Try signing out of the Facebook account on your iPhone, in Settings - Facebook, restart your device and sign in again.

It could also be a problem with Facebook’s servers. There are problems with FB since a few days ago, mostly causing total blackouts, but also problems with logging in, and pictures. The area affected the most is located in Europe. In that case, there’s nothing you can do but wait for Facebook to solve this.

Thank you J A.
It never occured to me to try signing out of FB. Will give it a go and post my result.
It's definitely better but not 100%. Am guessing it's down to the servers. Will wait for them to fix their issues. Thanks again.